Metformin tablets

punto53

I have been taking for approx 8weeks had few upset stomachs headaches etc which seemed to go eventually, now I had another prescription same tablets and dose but different make I'm now having headaches indigestion and upset stomach again could it just be a different company tablets has anyone else had same or similar problem or am I a one off!!!!!
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Re: Metformin tablets

I doubt if the change of 'brand' will make any difference, but you might benefit if your GP changed your future scripts to SR (slow release) metformin. The SR variety are much kinder to the digestive system but a little more expensive, so you might have to stamp your feet and thump the table :wink:

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I used to get a different 'brand' of metformin every time I picked up my prescription. Some would effect me more than others. I changed chemists from Lloyds to Boots and get the same brand every time, much better.

punto53

Yes think I will go to go and ask to change they did offer if things hadn't settled down. I only go to one chemist and they normally only keep teva brand but last time I had a different brand cheaper I expect but thank you .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I would definitely request the slow release tablets, I suffer from IBS and metformin caused me lots of trouble. Had no problem once moved on to modifed release. Good luck