HOLIDAY INSURANCE?

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone recommend a reasonable company for holiday insurance, I'm now insulin dependant. Thanks in advance x

Eezie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried several over the years, and found fishinsurance.co.uk who do insurance for people with disabilities. It is always a good idea to tell them everything and I found them to be a really good service and inexpensive as far as all the others I have tried.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. We use Saga who handle medical conditions well, but there are a few others.

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for replies, have used Medici in the past whilst on oral meds, always good to have recommendations x

JLowes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being categorised with Type 2 diabetics
I have just tried getting a quote from Fish Insurance and being a long term diabetic I have developed several complication which all were declared and the quote amount was £215.01 for 1 weeks holiday. Surely these insurance companies should be made to refund part of your premium if you do not claim. The insurance totals to 50% of the price of the holiday. Should I go on holiday without insurance ????????? I can see where insurance companies have to provide quotes based on your medical condition but you cannot even build up a No Claims Bonus on holiday insurance therefore no reduction can be earned.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Travel Insurance Web are very reasonable. A lot depends where you are travelling too. High healthcare costs in the USA make travel ins very expensive. For a 2 week trip to Mexico, I paid approx £35 which I thought was reasonable. The price without diabetes was around £25.

Saintleonard

I have just used insure and go £58 for a 2 week cruise in the med. I thought that was reasonable I was quoted £91 from saga and that was with staff discount and insulin dependent . I hope you have a good tone when you go