Cauliflower pizza

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Ok so I bought a blender machine thingy, made cauliflowered base pizza, me and the wife loved it, kids hated it, oh well :) going to try cauliflower mash next, it's good fun apart from the washing up.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cauli mash is brilliant! The rice is good too. Not trued the pizza yet.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had cauli pizza with peperoni, goat's cheese, cheddar cheese, olives, garlic tomato sauce and chilli. Wow! That's going to be a staple! Well done Andy!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, i followed a link that ewelina posted (thanks ewelina)

Ingredients:

Base:
300g cauliflower, grated
1 egg
50 g cheddar cheese, grated
Salt, pepper, oregano

Tomato sauce:
Small onion, chopped
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 clove of garlic, crashed
Salt, black pepper, oregano
1 tsp. oil

Topping:
Whatever you like. I used few slices of courgettes, mushrooms, yellow pepper, onion, capers and grated cheese

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line baking tray with parchment paper. I used a tart pan with removable bottom (23 diameter)
2. Grate the cauliflower on a large-holed side. Fry it for few minutes (approx.6) on non-stick pan. Cool the cauliflower a bit and add all remaining ingredients.
3. Spread evenly the mixture on the baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes until the crust is golden.
4. For the tomato sauce heat oil in a small pan. Sauté onion, garlic and oregano for few minutes. Stir in tomato puree and a little bit of water to get nice, thick sauce. Add salt and black pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Top the cauliflower base with sauce and topping. You can be creative here and use topping you like the most. I used vegetables and cheese only but cooked meat or salami would taste great as well.

Carbohydrates:

Pizza base: 10g
Tomato sauce: 7g
Topping: approx. 3g
Whole pizza: 20 g

Reactions: lorraine95

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great you liked it Andy :) Cauliflower pizza is one of my favourites now

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you like cauli, try a very thick cauliflower and cheese soup. You can get it so thick it is like mashed potato, though it doesn't taste like potato. Just slow cook it. 90 mins, 2 hours, add extra cauli to this recipe and I use emmentaler cheese, less broth, depends on how thick you want it, and less cream:

http://thelckitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2012 ... -soup.html

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my goodness! This is so delicious. Much, much nicer than ordinary pizza. Thank you so much for the recipe. I love it. :) x

Last edited by a moderator: