Best Carb Counter app for iphone?

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Been on insulin 14 days tomorrow and have greatly improved my BG, I would like to be more in control of my meals and i'm trying to get to grips with carb counting but not seeing dietician till May. Can anyone recommend a good easy to use app to work out carbs for meals??

Thanks in advance x

Hello I have been using a app for along Time and I really recommend it it's called carbs and cals the app adds all the carbs up for each meal after you have put in what you have eaten i was told to use this app by my dietician hope you like it x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, have downloaded both to see which one I prefer, so confusing! :crazy:

Lyndesay

Have tried a few myself and it would send you crazy! Thank goodness for Carbs and Cals, the pictures are fantastic and gives you different size portions which is very helpful! Good luck, hope you find the right one for you :)

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Lyndesay, been using carbs and cals today and have just ordered the book from Amazon. I like the portion pics, gives you a good idea of what your intake is!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Carbs & Cals for sure. £3.99 I think but well worth it. You should also download the DAFNE carbohydrate portion list and save to iBooks.

Ria

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use mynetdiary. There is a diabetes version for iPhone but not yet for android. You can not only track your food ( you can scan the barcodes) but exercise weight blood pressure Hba1c cholesterol and all your glucose readings

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
Just downloaded carbs and cals, first impression is that it's pretty basic, I can't find the Nestlé brand ie: shredded wheat, maybe it's my fault as I haven't had time to check it out fully

Popgoulty

As well as using carbs & cals which is excellent I can recommend Carbfinder, it's useful as it contains a lot of products from commercial outlets such as Subway etc so if you're out and about its great.

merrymax69 said:
Been on insulin 14 days tomorrow and have greatly improved my BG, I would like to be more in control of my meals and i'm trying to get to grips with carb counting but not seeing dietician till May. Can anyone recommend a good easy to use app to work out carbs for meals??

Thanks in advance x

Sweetbee carbcounter, or the ipad app Platemate might be usefull...
https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/platemate/id566278650?l=nl&mt=8

Since yesterday also available on google play store for the Android version.

Emilycbrown123 said:
Hello I have been using a app for along Time and I really recommend it it's called carbs and cals the app adds all the carbs up for each meal after you have put in what you have eaten i was told to use this app by my dietician hope you like it x

If you got the IPad, should try the Platemate from Sweetbee or the sweetbee carbcounter...it's for Free.
https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/platema ... ?l=nl&mt=8