Diabetic seizure

Moon888

Hi, I have been diabetic for nearly 7 years now and suffered my first and hopefully last major hypo on Sunday in a supermarket. It just seemed to race up on me and after a vain attempt to drink a sugary beverage I collapsed at customer services the next thing I knew there was a paramedic arranging for me to get in to an ambulance. I was later discharged with no real further action. However now I feel very tired, and its difficult to describe but somewhat vague. Is this normal?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Diabetic seizure

Hi,
I've had two such episodes, many years ago. I remember feeling a bit out of it for a couple of weeks after; poor memory, cognitive function etc.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Golly how frightening, supermarkets are where I have most of my hypos, haven't yet raided the confectionery aisle, however I do avoid anytime before lunch or dinner now. It's the whole experience of shopping that drains my brain of glucose so take it really easy now. Be easy on yourself and see how you go, hopefully all functions will return to normal soon.

Lyndesay

Have experienced many of these episodes over the 26 years of being Diabetic, everyone's experiences with hypos are different, but I'm totally knocked off my feet for at least a day or 2, feel very tired and drowsy and just totally drained from it all, very unpleasant :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App