Help!

Balll01

Hi my daughter was diagnosed as type 1 at the end of October last year, we have been going through the honeymoon period over the last few months having lots of hypos and adjusting her carb ratio but these last few days she's been having hypers. She isn't unwell, could it be that her ratio needs lowering. Our diabetic nurse has had a bereavement and is currently unavailable to ask the question to, I have been told to ring the hospital and speak to the registrar if I have any problems. Not sure what to do. Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Can you give the last 24 hour bgs and what doses your daughter on?

If your daughters levels are going high, what you do will be down to the times of the highs.. And what insulin regime your daughter is on...

Balll01

Hi when she woke yesterday her blood was 3.9 then her lunch reading was 12.9 then she had a hypo about an hour after which was 3.7 this went back up to 5.3 then about 2 1/2 hours later it was 10 then 45 mins later at tea it was still 10 her bedtime one was 8.5. She's had one hyper today which was when she did her lunch time blood this was 10.4. She's on nova rapid 3 times a day and As and when she needs it and 5 units of lantus at bedtime. Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Does your daughter have any breakfast or anything to eat at all before her lunch?

Balll01

Hi thanks for your response but I've managed to get in touch with my daughters consultant today and explained everything to him. I'm goi g to lower her ratio. Thanks again.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App