Undiagnosed Sickness?

toastlover

In the past 3 years I have been admitted to hospital 4 times with uncontrollable vomiting. The last time was 4 weeks ago and before that 18m prior.

No-one can find a cause. Tested for gastroparesis - negative.

In the last 2 weeks I have felt constantly nauseous. It's worse first thing in the morning when I am sick, then just nausea for the rest of the day. I'm T1 and BGs are a little elevated but not massively so. I also have a constant pain in my back which feels like a tight knot and today I have that feeling in my chest too.

GP had a theory it was GERD but no reflux treatments are having any effect.

Wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar and actually got to the bottom of it? It's really starting to have an awful effect on my life and I spend some days just curled up in bed trying to sleep just so I don't vomit.

Thanks

marie.T1

hi sorry to hear you are not very well :thumbdown: i had symptoms the same as yours about 10 years ago . it turned out i had gallstones .

toastlover

Thanks Marie. Turns out you were spot on. Was rushed to A&E in absolute agony on Tuesday, gall bladder removed Thursday and discharged today.

I am so fortunate to have been able to have the Op private - NHS were saying it could be a few weeks. No way I could have stayed in that kind of pain or coped with persistent vomiting for another few weeks!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App