Why can't I ?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im a strong independant single woman........ so why am I still sat here at 9pm on a Friday night debating if I can walk into a pub (that I've never been to and is very local) alone to have a drink alone????? :roll:

I really want to go out, I need to meet new people. My friends are busy and I could do with making some single more local friends. But why is it so difficult for me to go and sit in a pub alone?

I have recently lost 3 stone, plenty more to go but I have some lovely new clothes that need showing off!

Help!!!!! :crazy:

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know how you feel. I have lived in my village for 12 years and know some people sown the local pub but I won't go in there on my own.

I hate walking in to places on my own!!

I hope you pluck up the courage as I'm sire when you get there you wont be alone for long x x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You only have to do it once and if it is not comfortable you can go home.

I have five elder sisters and they will not go to a bar and order a drink. One of them threw a fiver at me as a clue and I threw it back. The landlord noticed and took her order.

My advice Lenny3 is to gather your courage and go to the pub and order a drink. If anyone makes you feel uncomfortable then you are in the wrong pub.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lenny3 said:
Im a strong independant single woman........ so why am I still sat here at 9pm on a Friday night debating if I can walk into a pub (that I've never been to and is very local) alone to have a drink alone????? :roll:

I really want to go out, I need to meet new people. My friends are busy and I could do with making some single more local friends. But why is it so difficult for me to go and sit in a pub alone?

I have recently lost 3 stone, plenty more to go but I have some lovely new clothes that need showing off!

Help!!!!! :crazy:

I think a lot of people have felt like that in a similar situation. Why don't you go and show off those lovely new clothes tonight. Don't leave it too late to go into the pub. Have a relaxing bath, with some nice smellies, music on, glad rags on and in your mind you are going to go into that pub, order a drink or even a meal as well. If I have to something, then I do the clenching of fists and have that determined look on my face ( similar to the Maouri Rugby team, I know, I know) but it does help.
If you don't start somewhere, you going no where, and if you don't like it or you feel uncomfortable, well at least you know you have tried.

I wish you good luck ( but always take care and be safe) RRB

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I'm a huge big scared dude and I wouldn't go in on my own either lol sorry

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Andy12345 said:
I'm a huge big scared dude and I wouldn't go in on my own either lol sorry

Bless.

Well I did it, tonight I went in there all by my lonesome, stayed for about an hour. There was a singer in there and after a while the landlord came over to introduce himself and his missus. Lovely people, Ive asked if they have any work going to let me know, as I figure I can get out and make a little money at the same time. :D

I will be going again. Thanks for the support!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Easter Lenny3 :) and well done.
Can you now hear that song which is going through my head "Things Can Only Get Better"
Enjoy yourself

Roy, :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done ,I must admit, you are alot braver than me,I haven't been out for years and years, I'm not good with meeting new people,I'm a wuss, in that respect.......... but you, awesome :thumbup:

RRB

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Thanks for the replies guys, I do feel pretty proud of myself. Now I just need to go there more often. They have a pool table and a darts board so I could play darts on my own and maybe rope someone in to give me a game of pool.

I figured I can't keep sitting at home alone, Im never gonna meet anyone that way. Also I always feel a bit depressed at the Holidays as everyone else is always busy with family, partners etc and I end up watching yet more films.