lossing weight but getting worse readings.

ben1972

i have been losing weight over the last 3 months via a modified low carb diet.
i have lost weight about 3 stone & i am training with weights for 2 hours every 2 days in a row with one day of in between.i train hard & i am gaining alot of muscle.

even though i have lost weight & i am training alot i find that my blood readings are still going up. i am not currently on any medication as i have allergic reactions to it & my blood sugars tend to go to low. also my B12 goes to low aswel.

i am due at the docs on Tuesday to sort this out but i don't want to go on insulin as i don't need to put on weight.

maybe i need to lower my carb intake even more. i thought about just eating meat & greek yogurt & see where i go with it.

i am due alot of operations soon due to health problems so i need to get my weight down I diabetes in check .

I would really recommend going on the insulin you will be lose ing weight If you are not taking any medication. You need to take insulin because if you leave it any longer you will get some terrible health problems please becareful x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ben!

If you are low-carbing and still seeing high BG, there is a chance you are Type 1.5/LADA and not Type 2. If that is the case, you will need medication and that is likely to be insulin. Talk with your medical team, but if I were you I would ask for a c-peptide test to show how much insulin you are producing and a GAD antibody test to see if you have antibodies destroying your beta cells. You need to get this sorted out, so ask for the tests and worry about the treatment once you know what you are dealing with.

Take care

Smidge