Xpert program

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

i did the Xpert patient programme last year and found it quite helpful at the time (unfortunately i didnt follow the diet information since then)

It follows the NHS guidelines on diet so if you are lo carbing it probably wont be very helpful to you but it does also explain some of the 'sciency' bits around diabetes which for me was very useful.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Re: xpert patient course

Hi Hez I am currently on wk 5 of the Xpert patient course. First of all for me any input regarding info for my diabetes I tend to grab what is on offer so if you want to learn more then sign up, ask your gp to refer you. It is a very well structured course and you are given a booklet with a condensed view of the course week by week which was very good as I have an awful memory. Before I attended I asked my gp to refer me to the Community Diabetic Team for one 2 one sessions where they give you lots of help and support. That made the transition to Xpert programme so much easier. I hope you give it a try and that it helps you too. Linzi (Montana)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.
I was scheduled to have done this in january this year .
With the snow and ice it was cancelled as no-one could get there!
[me included ...]

Am now re-scheduled to do it end of june and all of july this summer .
Hard to cancel this again - in the middle of summer :p
I am looking forward to meeting other diabetics and learn a lot too :thumbup:

My memory is shocking I always have to write "everything" down ...
So am relieved to hear from Linzi they provide a booklet explaining things, this
will help me loads :thumbup:
Dont want to have to keep asking the tutor/teacher to keep repeating all I can forget! :crazy:

Those that do 'do' this Xpert course - it would be great if you can let us all know 'more' about it .

Anna.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Xpert prog

:D Hi heather and anna good to hear you'll give it a go, there will deffo be something to take away from prog as new research etc means there are always new guidelines and updates and even the diabetic team are still learning Hope you'll let us know at the end of it what you thought of it Linzi :wave:

Alan Eadie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It is a really brilliant course. I recommend everyone to get on it.

It is unfortunate,indeed disgraceful, that it is not available in all areas. If you live in one of these areas that discriminate against diabetics I urge you to protest to your MP etc.

Hez14

I'm on the last course that's being run in our area as the funding is stopping. Which seems silly if its as helpful as it is for diabetics. As it gives people more insight and control over the diabetes

Heather

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App