Anyone doing anything "unusual" to combat diabetes?

Hez14

Re: Anyone doing anything "unusual" to combat diabetes?

I follow a zero gluten diet which is helping and I have acupuncture once a week which has started to bring my sugars down. There is a strong link with gluten sensitivity and diabetes type 2 and 1.

Heather

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hez14

Interestingly though I haven't had acupuncture for two weeks due to work commitments and my sugars have started to rise again a little.

Bodybuilder type1

Nike69 said:
Type 2, why is male or female important?

PLEASE DONT HAVE A DRINK AND A PUDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well only a tiny one anyway. Diabetes is proper proper serious. You need to take it seriously.

I posted this thread because I am not using any meds and am controlling by diet and life style change only. I have been trying to find others but its hard. This thread is the first time I have seen people suggest stuff that a DN usually does not.

Well if u are male then I have a few more suggestions for you than if you are a woman

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Torch paper.
Light.
BANG!
:eek:

@myroomsadisco

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I mended our hoover (it was blocked, duh-daugther thinks you can hoover anything up it) and hoovered the whole house. Then took the dog on a two hour walk. Did wonders for my blood sugar. In the winter months I get fed up, cold and dark and wet. Last week I started walking for an hour along the canals of brum on my lunch breaks. Not unusual, you may say, but I'm getting back into my routine again! I love light nights and so does the dog, so I'll be taking her out after work each night for big walks. I have a rucksack with food, water for me, water for her and my blood testing kit and insulin on my belt and my id bracelet on, as always. Roll on the proper summer! :) :) :) :)