Diabetic chocolate

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Diabetic chocolate

markfpurdue said:
I must admit I do like some if the products, but not the boiled sweets.
Does anybody have a view on any of the above?

The chocolates and turkish delight bar were OK for me and I found them very tasty but the boiled sweets were just havoc. Reminded me of the time I forgot the advice to never have the fish special in a restaurant on a Monday. Must dash ....

damienmyers69

Dislikes
hate salad, most veg, most fruit

Grinz
Sounds like ya did one of my tricks hehe

lixxes lips and thinks mmm, yummy, eat a full 85g bar, then think woohoo, not affect me....

Roll on 2 hours

eeeeeeeekk

Hello potty, mind if i come stay for a while, omg I was so glad i had codeines, 60mg every 8 hours and it stopped it but omg my tummy was in knots for days lol

Diabetic ***** bears yummy too, and and and omg so many other things that taste way better than the sugared versions..

Thinks, mm, do I ever learn? surrre, until i taste them then cant resist lol.

princess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty of any kind, violence, bitchiness, fighting,

Well have had to smile at this one... I lie, I laughed, so so sorry but I've had this stuff and my bf too, he bought me a box of the mixed Thorntons too one Christmas... then 'cos I was too slow, just having a little now and again, he finished the box...... I nearly had to report him missing !! :shock: they don't have the lax effect on me but I do get that painful indigestion/wind locked in my middle and sometimes so bad I feel like am having a heart attack!! They really aren't good are they, much better to do without or have small amounts of the real McCoy :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity

Actually, there's a colleague at work that I wouldn't mind giving ALL my diabetic sweets to! Now that'd be fun. :wink:

Jaydiiee

I was always told by my dietician to avoid all diabetic products and I am type 1 I was told they are more expensive cause laxative effect and are worse for you than normal chocolate

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

damienmyers69

Dislikes
hate salad, most veg, most fruit

I could be wrong on this but, don't T1's need to stop their bg's from dropping? And us T2's from rising?

Truth is, the so called pro's are just educated guessers. They really just use us as Guinea pigs, though i will give them credit, they are good most times at making it sound like they know whats good for us lol.

Sad fact is, any sugar is bad for us, be it lots or little, man made or natural.

Diabetic products not ideal, but if u crave something but just cant take the sugar in normal products, it a good compromise.

Just my opinion, rightly or wrongly.

Hopes everyone keeps well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

andybrightman

Even, I had also tasted Diabetic chocolate and one of dietitian also suggest me that you should consider this which can be helpful for you. So, I also think that considering diabetic chocolates are good for health.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

But honestly they're usually laxative and I'm no friend of a smelly jello.
I would go for a continental higher cocoa content chocolate, albeit in moderation, every time.
U.K chocolate is mostly vegetable fats anyway and a good cocoa carrys its own health benefits.

@myroomsadisco