Accu-Chek Test Strips

Granjan

I was diagnosed with type 2 early March and since then have been on a diet. I had my blood test and have to go back in 90 days for the follow up test. After diagnosis, I bought a meter to check my blood and determine what types of food to stay away from. I have just been up to collect my repeat prescription for my second container of '50 test strips' and the receptionist has told me I can only have 1 prescription per month. When I explained that I was still finding my way with the diet, she said it was the Health authorities guidlines. So that is 50 strips for max 31 days. I do not believe her. Has anyone any thoughts on this.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Yes, this is unfortuantely all too common for a T2. You can try and approach your GP in person or if all else fails, buy a pot or two yourself until you have established which foods to treat with caution. At least you can get a new pot each month where many can't even get that amount :(

Granjan

Thanks for your reply. I have calmed down now so perhaps 1 prescription per month is the norm. has anyone tried taking Chromoium suppliments and also Bitter Melon capsules as an article I read recently suggested the benefits of taking these.

damienmyers69

Dislikes
hate salad, most veg, most fruit
Granjan said:
Thanks for your reply. I have calmed down now so perhaps 1 prescription per month is the norm. has anyone tried taking Chromoium suppliments and also Bitter Melon capsules as an article I read recently suggested the benefits of taking these.

I buy my chromium supplements off amazon.
the strips I order 1 lot of 50, then 2 weeks later just order repeat for the strips, so give that a try :)

I doubt gp would prescribe supplements unless they happily supply you with other types of vits etc already