Cambridge diet

Hez14

Hi I'm type 2 diabetic hbac1 9.6 I'm thinking of doing the Cambridge diet and wondered if anyone else has tried and got good results and if its a good diet to follow being diabetic.

Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Hez theres a page on the NHS Choices web site that compares 10 different diets the Cambridge Diet being one of them and the British Dietetic Association (BDA) gives you the pros and cons of each diet plus their conclusions based on sustainability and nutritional content.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/P ... eview.aspx

It may help you make a decision.

My own verdict is if you have to have the motivation to stick to any diet for it to work and it needs to be sustainable in the long term, so I would advise you to chose a way to lose weight that includes your eating the foods that are familiar to you now. That way even if you are eating a smaller amount of food overall, ie fewer calories, it wont be too big a change to make and you are more likely to stick with it.

Good luck to you whatever you decide :thumbup:

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Hi Hez, I have done the cambridge diet, I lost 7 stones in 18 months. However I wouldn't reccomend it for a diabetic, while you may lose a lot of weight you won't be properly controlling your bgs and when you go back to eating food you'll be at square 1 as far as bgs are concerned.

I have lost 25lbs in 7 weeks low carbbing. personally I think the cambridge diet is a drastic measure. I've been dieting for over 25 years and am still obese, but I truly believe low carbbing is the best way to go.

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

vonbon

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sid Bonkers said:
Hi Hez theres a page on the NHS Choices web site that compares 10 different diets the Cambridge Diet being one of them and the British Dietetic Association (BDA) gives you the pros and cons of each diet plus their conclusions based on sustainability and nutritional content.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/P ... eview.aspx

It may help you make a decision.

Very informative link thanks.

Hez14

Thanks for your help everyone. I low carb/gluten free diet at the moment and I lost a wee bit and have stuck. I eat 1300 cals a day supposedly to lose 2lbs a week nothing is happening. I'm so frustrated.

I know my thyroid is an issue but the doctors won't do anything to help. It swings between 2.3 - 7.7 and anywhere in between it.

Which I know the thyroid not being stable will not help to regulate my sugars.

Thanks

Heather

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

vonbon1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being sick 24/7
Hi Hez. to lose weight you need to be eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day. an average weight woman should eat 1200 calories a day.

Hope this helps a little
vonbon

andybrightman

It's eventually an ideal idea to obey a goo diet programme like Cambridge Diet. One of my fatty friend was following this diet programme and I truly feel that this diet programme helps him to loose lots of weight. Cambridge diet programme is flexible range of weight management type programme. So, this diet prgramme can be beneficial amazingly to loosing weight.

CathyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried this diet years ago and lost loads of weight but unfortunately like a lot of "fad" diets put it all back on and more when i stopped doing it. Best way to diet is to cut down on your portion sizes and exercise more. Change your life habits and you are less likely to put the wieght back on though of course weight loss is slower.

walterrichmand

Cambridge Diet is a very popular weight loss plan that has a lot of fans and followers. This is the best known of the very low calorie diets and is aimed specifically at individuals who are morbidly obese and have a lot of weight to lose in order to get back to a safe level.