Are you hitting the 3 main diabetes targets?

How many of the main 3 diabetes health targets are you meeting?

• I'm meeting all 3 of the targets

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I'm meeting 2 of the targets

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • I meet 1 of the targets

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • I'm currently meeting none of the targets

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters

benedict

Administrator
In this week's news we learned that only 1 in 5 of us with diabetes are meeting the 3 main diabetes health targets, which are:

• HbA1c - 6.5% (48 mmol/l) or less
    Blood pressure - 130/80 or less
    Total cholesterol - less than 4.0 mmol/l

How many of the targets are you meeting? Take part in the poll. Results are anonymous and it is just for fun.

If you have advice for meeting any of the targets or are currently struggling to meet one or more of the above, discuss with others on this thread.

Benedict

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I said 2, I find it so hard to get the HBA1C in the right zone

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
2 for me - but I don't want my cholesterol to be below 4, thank you! My lipid profile meets all the present requirements, and my Total:HDL ratio is better than good - so why should my total be below 4? I'm happy with below 5 - and so is my GP.

Viv 8)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my 1 was a bit optimistic but i havent had bp for a while so lets hope huh, lol

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am with viv on cholesterol mine is 5.1 and I am ok with that ,GP says ok
CAROL

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
2 for me too :D

BP reading just taken at home 118/75 with a pulse of 82 which means I'm alive I guess, seems OK for me :)

My cholesterol is letting me down here as the last count was 4.7 although it has been down to 3.9. My last blood test shows my HDL at 1.8 and the cholest/HDL ratio at 2.6 whatever that means!? Not bothered, its close enough for jazz.

Anyway the HbA1c is my only goal now, so I'm not going to loose any sleep on not getting 3 stars.

Although had I answered this last year I would have sneaked the full 3 stars :(

Not that I am in any way competitive or anything :shifty:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My blood pressure and cholesterol are just outside the targets, but my doctor is happy with them
Hana

Viking

2 for me. HbA1c is up the creek and rising. My Blood Pressure and Cholesterol are fine, but helped by pills.

Geocacher

My HbA1C, and blood pressure are good and have been long term. However, my Cholesterol is slightly high. I take eztimibe to lower it and it does help but it's not as effective as statins. I react badly to statins so my choice is to either live with slightly high cholesterol or be disabled with muscle and joint pain.

iHs

As a long term type 1 I have no intention of lowering my hba1c to 6.5% unless I was low carbing and even then I would only be ok if I also had cgm.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Same as iHs...Couldnt answer though... Gp hba1.c said 7.2... Hosp hba1c 6.5...both are either right or wrong!!

BP again depends whether at gp or hosp.. At gp will be 110/80 ish ... Hospital 145/90 ish....

I fail on one or other etc depending where I go!!! And wheremy blood takenfrom.. Arm or finger.. Left armor right arm.

I believe my gp results personally as I'mmore relaxed there...

B

badcat

2for me - cholesterol is above 4 but not at a level where they would look at prescribing anything ( wouldn't take statins anyway)

Sheppie84

I'm not hitting the bp target, hopefully quitting the ciggies will help with that one though (day 4 of no real ciggies)!

HBA1c - find out Monday.

Cholesterol - I have no idea!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea, will report at next hb1ac and cholesterol test as its an interesting thread.
SEE GOVERNMENT? If we dont test how do we know??
FOOLS! :roll: rant over, apologies.

@myroomsadisco

cherylle

Mine is col is 5 so iv had my satins changed this week.blood pressure 160 had to be given another blood pressure drug also.my b g was 4.3 and the worse bit showing protein in my urine now am scared to death.
I was only told i wad type 2 on january am doing everything i should i started my diet 3 weeks ago.iv had my eyes and feet checked been to the dieatican and everyhing was good.
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
looks like I meet none of them, blood pressure is 124 / 95, HbA1c 7.6 and cholesterol 4.3, all following docs guidelines. :(