Fluoxetine (Prozac) messing up BG control?

dizzyrj

I have been suffering from some serious depression and attempted to commit suicide (Stupid I know)
However I am on the up and figured out what the problem is with the help from the mental health team and i am currently taking Fluoxetine to keep my mood up until housing associations can get me my own place.

I used to take 20u of Lantus around 9pm everyday and have a 1u:12g ratio of novorapid and my A1C was 57.
Since I have been taking the fluoxetine my BG control has gone way out of whack and I cant keep it in control.
rapid has gone to a 1u:6g ratio and up to 30u of Lantus. Yet my glucose can either be too low, YAY HYPO TIME (URGH) or BLERGH HYPER.

my GP keeps saying its just that my weight is fluctuating and that it should sort it self out in a few weeks. I am not sure to believe him as my weight is going down and I should be using less insulin. :crazy:
I am not due at clinic until May

melsavage

I can't comment on whether Fluoxetine changes blood sugar levels - while I was taking it I was ignoring testing altogether... All I can say is congratulations on taking the first steps to sorting yourself out - and keep up the good work!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App