E Cig

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I am at present trying to stop smoking was just wondering if anyone uses or has any experience of an E Cig or similar?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sheppie84

I use the Genesis (echo?) e-cig, works for me. You can choose different flavour smoke stuff too - the tobacco flavour was really strong (bit harsh for me). The menthol and cherry flavours are good though.

Pandanose

I use the ego. It's not fake cigarette shaped, more like a permanent marker but having tried most of the others it's the best I've used. Get a buildable cartomiser and never look back. :smile:

Sheppie84

No change to mine, I can't imagine it would affect them though? I have my first 'stop smoking meeting' on Thursday, don't know what to expect really...
Also don't know how to get myself to stop smoking the e-cig... Last time I tried stopping the e-cig I bought a pack of real cigs!

justjay

Sheppie84 said:
No change to mine, I can't imagine it would affect them though? I have my first 'stop smoking meeting' on Thursday, don't know what to expect really...
Also don't know how to get myself to stop smoking the e-cig... Last time I tried stopping the e-cig I bought a pack of real cigs!

I wasn't sure, partly due to some ingredient in it which makes the vapour, and partly the nicotine.

I've gone for the cut down first approach, but desperately need to give up ASAP due to health concerns...! But I know what you mean about stopping that!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi , i use vip, i havent smoked a real cig since the first day i got it, the plan was to slowly reduce the amount i use it then stop, but its been since october and havent cut down at all, i love it, and ive told my gp and dn and both seem quite happy about me using it so for now im happy with smoking :)

gally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi 6 of my close friends are currently using the VIP all have stopped using these the longest being stopped 3 months and are all doing really well none have had a cig since using them :D

AMBrennan

For the record, electronic cigarttes are not intended as an aid to quit smoking (and are not regulated like, say, nicotine patches) but as a safer alternative to smoking (by de living nicotine without the carcinogenic tobacco smoke; however, there are no long-term studies on their safety).

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Hi I don't know if anyone reads this post anymore but just wanted to post I have stopped smoking as of today using one of them vapour things it would be nice to hear from anyone who uses one of these

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
Hi I don't know if anyone reads this post anymore but just wanted to post I have stopped smoking as of today using one of them vapour things it would be nice to hear from anyone who uses one of these

Hi, I've been using e-cigs for a while. Initially started with the ones that look like fags but I found them a bit of a pain. Fluid leaking, battery charging and always making sure I had enough cartomizers. I use a tank system now. It's something you should start with, get used to and ultimately end up with a setup that suites you. Some people may find a short term tightening of the lungs. I had this when I first started but after persevering this symptom has gone...I guess it happens while your lungs are repairing. I now have my breath back, lungs feel great and am really happy to have stuck with vaping.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Gave up smoking a year ago by streaming off the real things and replacing the smoke with an ecig smoke instead. Three weeks later I gave that up as well, so they can be an aid to giving uo altogether . Have been smoke free for a year and did not put on weight either.

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Hi joe hi ant thanks for replying yesterday I found quite easy but today am struggling a bit but I'm not going to give in you are both doing very well hope I can do the same

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I finally bought a vapouriser last week after a long time of procrastinating. I've cut down to about half of what I was previously smoking. I still have the occasional cigarette.

I bought an Evod 2 starter kit with a 24mg nicotine e-juice, as that level of nicotine best suited the number of cigarettes I would usually have. Since the 24mg juice was quite harsh on my throat, I got the weaker 6mg. That suited me fine but I thought to myself "you know what, I'll try a 0mg flavour..." so I went for the one that sounded nicest - banana milkshake! Definitely a good choice, tastes delish :)

I'm looking at investing in some more kit for my vape and my Protank Mini II should be arriving today along with a few new flavours.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
I found one of those "Quit Smoking" app installed on your phone can be quite useful in keeping you on the wagon. I use one called Cessation Nation on my android phone. It tells me I have saved around 3400 Euro (£2530) since quiting. On the days when I really missed a cig I found I had to change routines i.e. no more coffee and fag on arriving at work, instead I spent the same 5 mins browsing a website. Or If I had a craving I either went for a walk around the building (it was a big builidng) or went and sat on the toilet for 5 mins and played a quick card game on my phone. I think the trick is to try to change the scenario where you would have previously reached for a cig and either prevent the scenario from happening or replace the reaching for the cig action with something different. And chew gum. lots of gum. buy shares in the stuff.
Good Luck

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
If you're going to give up fags by using vapes - it's important to get a good vape that delivers the nicotene well and in a pleasurable way. Then it's easy.

arabia1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes i have been using the VIP E-cig the normal ones and the fruit flavours I have not completely stopped but cut it down by half so surely thats good, although I want to eventually stop totally, they do a good deal on the internet, I have the two batteries so can have one charging up whilst using the other, I dont know yet what if any affect it has on my health as it has been to short a time but surely it must be beneficial

Reactions: 2 people