Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
izzzi said:
Come on Gracek it can't end that easy.

By the way the best man happens to be Willy Wonka

Roy, :)

Hehe

Even though I prefer the orginal film with Gene Wilder, if it's Jonny Depp, then, I'd blow caution to the wind and not leave his side, loaded with chocolate or not :lol: :thumbup:

RRB :D

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
izzzi said:
Come on Gracek it can't end that easy.

By the way the best man happens to be Willy Wonka

Roy, :)

Oh Roooooooy ... it can, it caaaaaaaaaaan. Just listen to the music ... the Bridesmaid can run off with the Best Man (not to the chocolate factory though) ... and they can live happily over the brush for ever more! :lol:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Regarding your friends comment about ' just injecting some extra insulin' -

I work in an open plan office with about 80 other people. 4 of us are diabetics, 2 type 1 and 2 type 2. Interestingly, whenever there are cakes in the office, the type 1s trough in. One of them piled a paper plate with 6 cakes last Thursday, and he was talking about how many extra insulin units he would need. The other type 1 agreed and they compared notes on their insulin pumps.

At the same time I chose a nut filled, fruit free flapjack, and the other type 2 picked a buttered scone (so that the butter would lower the GL). I saved mine until lunch, to try and bury the carbs under protein...

It is NOT my intention to criticise type 1s! I am simply suggesting that if your friend had witnessed someone eating cake and the dosing after, they wouldn't see anything wrong with suggesting you do the same.

leking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cakes are fine, as long as thats not their normal lunch :D

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Fortunately my friends are understanding and keep an eye on me. I still have odd beer once twice a month, but don't go mad and they wouldn't let me anyway. Some acquantances are less understanding, like your 'friend'. I must say she seems a self-centred ***** to be honest and she should be supportive and understanding about your condition and discomfort. Be true to your self and be as healthy as poss. I went out in Brum at lunchtime from work on wednesday and had a full 3 course steak meal. I had a small bowl of cereal and an apple in the morning to allow for the extra carb intake from my french grilled steak and chips in the brasserie and had soup without the bread to be sensible. I didn't eat it all, I ate till I wasn't hungry and left the rest. Obviously my parents understand. As does my wife when I leave 1/3 of a meal, regardless of how bloody nice it is. It's case of finding a happy balance. I rarely have treats like fish and chips or takeaways and keep tabs on the carbs I eat. If people pressure you into something knowing it could make you ill, they are not really a friend. Stick with your friends who care and look out for you and completely understand. When I started my new job (same company) in december, in the team meeting I informed everyone I had diabetes and gave a small presentation, bit awkward, but at least everyone knows I'm diabetic and no one leaves me to be alone in the office and the last person to leave tells me 10 mins prior to going so I'm not isolated or engrossed in my work. You have everyone's sympathy on here, for sure. I avoid people who I deem a bad influence or an egger-on and am happy with my lot in that respect. By being open and honest from the start, people respect me for it, as it was hard to tell 20 of your new colleagues my condition, but I haven't looked back since and know I am in good hands should the worst come to the worst. I was low once <3 and I was sweaty and felt faint. My mates looked after me and got me an energy drink and sat with me till I was back in range. These are the friends you need. I broke my arm last year and at my mates wedding reception, another mate served me my food first and cut my food up. It was touching and kind, but that's what a friend is. Understanding and caring. Good luck with all you do - don't compromise your health for a selfish oaf and I hope you are under full control very soon!!! Mart x :)

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
mo1905 said:
Shelley, nothing wrong with the occasional treat, chocolate, wine etc ! You still have to enjoy life ! Some will shy away but I think the majority are like you and you shouldn't feel bad for doing so !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Im definately going to enjoy the odd glass of red or square of choc then :-D i dont want to get to the end and think "good god i was too well behaved wasnt it a bore" ;-)