private messaging

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
It says I am unauthorised to send private messages. Why is this? If you to be friends with someone, I'm 33 from The West Midlands and looking for support/shared experiences from Type One diabetes sufferers. I had a couple of bad hypos when first diagnosed, fits, no recollection of it and coming to in (a) ambulance, (b) hospital. I had one spaced out day at work where I went loopy and thought everyone was talking about me and I had a fit and had to bit my travel card to stop swallowing my tongue after I got up and walked out of the office and one hypo that was caught in time by a colleague. These are indeed frightning 'life-flashing-before-your-eyes' moments and I thought I was going to die.
I'm a lot better nowadays and have lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 months and am maintaining my 14' weight and have done for 3 nonths. I now walk for at least 2 miles at lunch time and use the stairs instead of lift up + down 11 floors at work. I'm interested in sharing advice/tips with anyone who is willing to share, if anyone would like to 'friend' me as a lot of posts are not relevant to other users and don't get looked at. I'm interested to find out about basal-bolus users experiences, so feel free to contact me. I'd appreciate a bit a support as I have 2 weeks exactly to decide to stay as I am on novomix rapid or go basal-bolus. I've read the literature but can't decide.
Hope you are well!
Mart

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I think you have to make 5 posts or something before you can Private Message someone. Just make 5 posts here !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I've made 45 - I'll make some more.

Thank you!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Try to send a PM to me. You have enough messages now. If you can't, say so on here and I'll contact Admin.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Hi daisy

It seems I cannot PM you either :(

Sorry.

Are you able to send to me at all and I'll see if I can reply?

Cheers

Mart

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
In fact-i can't seem to see the PM function! Where it says on someones name "contact daisy1" there's no options by it. Am I doing something wrong? Could you briefly run through the process as I think I'm going Mad! :(

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Mart, I have sent you a PM. I used the PM button under your name (using the 'full' version)
Let me know if you are not authorised to read it and I will contact Giverny.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Mart :)

I have found out that there are some problems with the PM System at the moment although I personally haven't had any. Let me know if you still have problems later on and we will try to get it fixed.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Month and daisy1, I got this when I tried to open the messages!!! :( thanks for trying!

Information
You are not authorised to read private messages.

Aaaggghhh!!!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Information
You are not authorised to read private messages. :(

I'll take the dog for a walk instead :/

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
martwolves said:
Month and daisy1, I got this when I tried to open the messages!!! :( thanks for trying!

Information
You are not authorised to read private messages.

Aaaggghhh!!!

**** predictive text! Apologies "Mo".

(It actually put month again just, before I changed it!)

I'll try again later.....

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Lucky for the dog :clap:

Hopefully this will get sorted very soon as the problem has been reported.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Lucky for me as well, with my 2 mile per day (minimum) challenge. Thanks for your help. Someone else PM'd me, but I can't reply - soz!!!

Back in a while.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
When you send a message it goes into your outbox where it remains until it has been read which is when it goes into your sent box. Hope this helps.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Apparently - it means the recipient has read it. Just waiting for mine to be fixed/set up :/

sltrog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello.
Nice to know it is not just me who is having problems. I assumed because I have only recently joined that it was the reason I can't read or send private messages.
I've tried clicking on the side panel for inbox etc but it just comes up you are not authorised. Oh well maybe one day. Either that or I actually need to write useful messages and not just drivel :D
Oh well off to take hubby to work as the exhaust has gone (well not gone - it just makes a horrible noise ) on his motorbike.