Starving after exercise

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, ive recently started exercising (1 hour in gym) and find im absolutely starving for hours afterwards, is there a miracle food that i can eat (safely) to curb my hunger? Thanks
Andy

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm a low carber, using high ish fat. I exercise in the gym and pool 3 times a week for 90 minutes and hike for about the same lengh of time weekly.
I'm so adapted to my diet, I don't get hungry. You could try pork scratchings or a bit of cheese
Hana

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, are you srious about the pork scratchings? i love em, can we eat those? ive seen someone say that before but tokk it for a joke

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i was hoping for that i dont really want to eat so ill try not to, to see if i can get used to it, thanks

Finzi

Pork scratchings are fine for a snack, Andy. Obviously they don't really have much nutritional value so I wouldn't use them as the basis of your new eating plan ;)

Another good (and perhaps more nutritious snack) is nuts. Almonds and Brazil's are some of the very best, low carb wise. Peanuts are middling - ok to have a few but don't go mad. Cashews are verging on being pretty high carb (by my standards, anyway).

lani mitchell

Starving after exercise is a natural thing to occur because when you are doing exercises or even other activities that involves physical strength - you are burning calories. Eating is not an enemy here, as long as you know how to control. Over eating may not be healthy but also less eating!

walterrichmand

When it comes to working out, the most crucial meal is the one you have after you exercise. After you exercise, your muscles are literally starving for nutrients, so the meal that you eat at this time is the most important as it helps build muscle and replenish your energy.