Palpitations

samantha13

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from heart palpitations with hypos/hypers? It's something iv noticed myself lately but my question is is it related to diabetes or is this something else I should get looked at?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Palpitations

Heart palpitations should be refered to your GP ,if it is not serious there is nothing lost but if it is the sign that something is going wrong then something can be sorted out quickly
CAROL

gemma486

I do more when more when I am low but I have been to dr about it they just said I have to go to gp and have ECG but its usually stopped by the time I have sorted my hypo out

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

weeezer

I get palpitations on & off, definitely when hypo, but also when bs is all fine. I've had alot of ecg's that all look 'normal' but get palps & skipped beats & thumps quite a lot. Best to get it checked out to put your mind at ease x

twosweet

I had them when diagnosed. Racing and scary. My BS was fine but my BP were high.

It stopped by itself afterwards. My doc offered meds for it, but I refused. I wanted to make sure it wasnt anything serious when I visited him.

C

chris lowe

Hi, I do get palpitations but I'm type 2. Not all the time but normally it happens when going upstairs. I go to the gym regularly and am ok there even on the treadmill set to random hill, so the levels go up and down. I did go to the gp to get it checked, and he did and ECG, but he didn't take it when I'd been up and down stairs (I could have gone up the stairs at the surgery) so he results were normal. It could be that you are a bit anaemic which will cause palpatation so it may be worth getting an additional blood test if you've not had one for a while or ask at the surgery what your haemoglobin levels are. In any case it is worth popping along to the surgery and getting it tested. :thumbup: