Yucky side effects

Dislikes
Being disabled... & disempowered!
Hi everybody: I write in the aftermath of the worst vomiting & tummy explosions that I've ever had :(

Is this normal?

I've been taking Metformin for nearly a fortnight now... and can only say it makes me feel like pants. Floaty, tired, gassy, grumpy ... aggressive even. Tearful too. Not to mention itchy *scritch, scratch*.

BIG apologies for having to share so much that is so very yucky btw... but I am getting worried :?

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Speak to your doctor. Upset stomachs are a side effect of metformin but there is a different type, slow release ones you can take that can reduce these side effects.

Also changing your diet can help. It might be psychological for me but since changing to a low carb diet I have found the side effects much less.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Richard871

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality tv
Having been on Metformin for a fortnight and constantly being followed round by ducks I've had a few close calls. Totally out of the blue just the sudden need to go get out the way I need the loo. Not had any mood swings but I did find I was snapping at my partner which wasn't fair or nice and definitely not me. I'm asking for the slow release type today when I see the DN and a test meter with prescription. If denied one of us is coming out on a stretcher lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dislikes
Being disabled... & disempowered!
Thank you both. Appreciate your wisdom... & your humour. Ducks following you? I SO know what you mean. Lololol :lol: