Confused

novowolf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys in a bit confused and I was wondering if someone could help me? I'm new to the forum and I've been looking at posts concerning not eating any carbs.. Are diabetics supposed to avoid carbs or is it just some people's choice? I'm type 1

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Confused

It's personal choice. Some people choose to low carb, but I don't and it suits me fine.

I'm sure someone will be along to explain the whys soon!

initforlove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
diabetes
Re: Confused

novowolf said:
Hey guys in a bit confused and I was wondering if someone could help me? I'm new to the forum and I've been looking at posts concerning not eating any carbs.. Are diabetics supposed to avoid carbs or is it just some people's choice? I'm type 1

some people find that avoiding starches in their diet helps them keep tighter control of their blood glucose levels without the need for more medications. This is particularly useful for type 2

starches are grains, legumes, potato, rice, noodles, breads, beans, soy, corn, peas, cereals, oats.

it is up to the individual to test their blood glucose before having such a food and after eating one of these foods to determine how their own blood glucose levels are affected

some people who are diabetic can have some of the starchy foods and some diabetics cannot have any starchy foods

good luck