Chat Room and Forum Safety - READ THIS BEFORE CHATTING

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
We want this forum to be a friendly and safe place for all our visitors.

The moderators try and keep an eye on all the posts to ensure that our members, especially the younger ones feel safe. Regrettably we are human and may miss the odd post and we cannot monitor private messages.

We would like all our members to be aware of the following:

• If you see or receive a message that upsets you, please TELL A TRUSTED ADULT and contact a moderator.(Moderator's names are in green)
  • When you register with this forum or the chat room, use a nickname. Nicknames protect your identity when chatting online.
  • It is not a good idea to pretend to be someone you are not. Do not pretend to be older than you really are.
  • Some people who use chat rooms or forums lie about who they are. When you’re leaving messages to people in forums, do not give any personal information. If you give any of this information it can be enough to allow someone to find you. If anyone ever asks you for this information, tell a trusted adult straight away and contact a moderator.
  • It’s very easy for people to lie when they’re chatting online, so please do not arrange to meet up with someone you have met online. If anyone asks to meet up with you, tell a trusted adult and contact a moderator. It is not a good idea, but if you do decide to meet up then make sure you take a trusted adult with you and meet in a public place.

Regards.

C

chris lowe

Very sensible advice. Just a shame that it needs to posted in this day and age.

Sarah25

How do you privet message people? I'm new to this.. I write a post yesterday few people replied someone said something about PM but not sure how to do this? Also can you add people? Not sure how this all work. Any help would be great thanks :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
cherylle said:
Anyone from wigan lancs

Near you - leyland lancs :)

We have a Diabetes monthly support group in Preston and an insulin users monthly support group also.

See the diabetes events thread for all the dates and details for them both .
Hope this can help :thumbup:

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Sarah25 said:
How do you privet message people? I'm new to this.. I write a post yesterday few people replied someone said something about PM but not sure how to do this? Also can you add people? Not sure how this all work. Any help would be great thanks :)

Hello Sarah.
You will need to make 5 posts [add one more here if you wish]
Like thank me on here, then you will have 5 posts :thumbup:

Then you will get access to be able to private message people .

Yes there is an add people function key inside the user control panel .
Click on private messages and its on the left hand side panel .
Hope this helps you sarah - if get stuck, just let us know and we will help you.

Anna.

LilahandMick

Hi! So my daughter is having random highs and she's on a pump. She's been in between 10-15 today site has been changed 0.0 and 0.1 ketones and iv given her an injection of 5 units! But she's now 17.8 I have no idea my husband suggested to go to Hospital?
Thanks to anyone who will Reply

Concernd-mam

Can someone help please just gave my 4 year old son a BM check with his sisters machine an it was 10.5 he is also feeling unwell and sick! he as ate loads of junk food today at a party but should I be concerned about this and get him checked for diabetes?