This will make you smile

KerryD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Just returned from well earned holiday.
Had booked ALL INCLUSIVE!!!
I had made the booking before being diagnosed with diabetes, I was the only sober person in the Hotel.
I spent the first two days trying to adjust to not drinking alcohol whilst observing everyone else having lots, and I resented it terribly.
Having found that I react very badly to any alcohol, I did not know how I would cope with not being able to have even a glass of wine during my evening meal.
But as the week progressed I found that I did not need to "follow the crowd" in order to have a good time.
I watched what I ate, had no alcohol, enjoyed the sun, and came home 2 pounds lighter.
I am so proud of myself.
:thumbup:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Well done Kerry !
Hana

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well done Kerry, very well done. Wish I had your willpower ! unfortunately, I'd have been one of the people you'd have probably been laughing at lol ! I'm so weak ;-)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
KerryD.

Your post is soooo positive and VERY inspiring kerry :D

So you should feeeel so proud of yourself - you are so strong and focused
on doing the best you can and have, with your own self determination and self respect
for your own body and health .

I am thrilled for you 'too' - well done kerry :clap:
Reading your post has inspired me and yep it 'did' make me smile too :D

Anna.

KerryD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Have to stay positive people, there are enough idiots in the world ready to put others down without doing it yourself, we all deserve to be able to feel as good as we can, even if on the inside we are scared/worried/confused.
Be kind to yourself, look in the mirror and smile, guess what, that person is smiling too. x