IBG star

has anybody had an ibg star meter before or ever heard of one I'm getting one next week but want to know if its good or not!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1365707948.516039.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1365707948.516039.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 664
I was diagnosed in January with type one and since the. I have had 4 different meters e.g contour USB and the freestyle insulinx ad thy have not proved them Seles to be worthy of the title blood glucose monitor! Lol

gemma486

I wanted one but my dsn didn't have any but I got a different machine made by same company my gp wouldn't let me have the strips they only allowed me to have the accu mobile so there no point me getting one of these as much as I want one

kezzy75

Hi I got one a few months ago. I loved so easy to use and everything recorded directly onto iPhone app. It has graphs, trends and works out averages for mealtimes etc. Unfortunately I've had to stop using it as testing strips aren't given for it on prescription in my area and were becoming costly and also I was having difficulty finding the testing strips even online.

Indigo

Hi there. I've just brought a spare one as they were on offer in Boots. It is great to be able to get all ther readings on the phone and then print them out for my DSN and Dietician. Also it is less bulky than my previous one which only worked with PC (i.e useless with a Mac!). Fingers crossed my doctor will still be OK with the prescription as I have been getting repeats at the moment. As I see it they are no more expensive than my previous test strips. Only downside is that Boots don't seem to stock the test strips and lancets even though they sell the montitors in the branches. They are availble online from Boots to buy and whilst not instant is a fairly good 2-3 day service to collect instore. I should say that Boots are the only ones to stock the monitors in the UK, which is quite bad as I say the supplies are not easily purchased.

Indigo