How old were you when you were diagnosed?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

• 0-5

Votes: 50 12.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • 16-21

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • 22-30

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 52 13.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 37 9.4%

• Total voters

de130770

i was 7 after being taken to the doctors lots of times ss were even involved but not even a blood or urine test carred out stayed with grand perents for a few days taken to a difrent doctors taken to hospital in a coma
now 42 years old, sight problem and nurve dammage. off to atos medical in 9 days time they will tell me i am fit to work .
if so will start asking bus companys if they need a diabetic type 1 blind driver after that ask lorry companys if they need a driver .
well i am looking for work :) <3 even if that is not there type of work

Emzie star

Was 7, 23 now. I remember it all very well doctors kept miss diagnosing me with constipation of everything, luckily my mum was very pushy with the doctors after she had tests done in hospital in labs she worked in and got some test done by someone else. Time I was admitted to hospital they said 12 hour I may have been in a coma feel very lucky.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dobbie

Aged 42...7 weeks ago. Type 1...yeah still getting my head around it all. Had felt ill for a long time. Then suddenly got all the symptoms. Had blurred vision for 5 weeks. Its coming back now. So this is all very new...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
T1 6 years (a Halloween gift)... 42 now

genius149

I was 8, I'm 42 now. My son was diagnosed on my 38th birthday (he was 11) and yes, we're both Type 1 - or Juvenile onset as it was known in my day.