New type 1 help!?

I found out I had type one on January the 27th when I was taken to hospital with the final stage of ketoacidosis. I've had so much information thrown at me since leaving hospital, I know how to treat a hypo and how to do injections and what to eat but is there anything else I need to know it would be very helpful thankyou? X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AngelaY

As long as u do what the doctor tells u to do, maintain a healthy diet do some exercise to maintain ur weight ( it's also good for ur BG) when u crave something, take a little bite, don't wait until u can't resist it anymore. U might end up eating more than ur body can take
Good luck :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Shadowlance

And don't freak out. Sure the injections can be annoying, but you can still live a normal life. Since I was diagnosed 10 years ago at the age of 23 I've gotten married, and found a job that requires me to travel around the world and I can do all that by taking my needles and indulin with me.

It's what you make it really and I've made it a minor inconvenience that isn't going to stop me living my life.

Smoshy_EJ

DONT DO WHAT I DID! I was good for about 6 weeks and then after I got off fixed doses I snaked without insulin all the time, got into hospital nearly with ketoacidosis and went in denial about it. im only 13 and I got this 2 years ago. If you do the right things like insulin, levimere a stable diet and keep a log you will be fine :) im getting better as we speak. It is easy and becomes like breathing after a while. you just get used to it,