Free Presciption

j.rottie

I don't know how true this is, but I have been told (by a friend) that I may qualify for free prescriptions due to being diagnosed with Diabetes, does anyone know if this is correct.
Thanks Jane

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If you're being treated with medication then your friend is correct. Ask your nurse or doc for form to apply for exemption certificate.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This has confused me. All prescriptions are free anyway, diabetes or not?! I was only diagnosed in February but I had 2 prescriptions last year and didnt pay for either!

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Scotland has different rules on prescriptions, this applies only to England.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhh ok. Gutted for those of you not in Scotland then!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
hale710 said:

Hi I may not be there in person, but my heart is :) Such a wonderful country X

RRB

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robinredbreast said:
hale710 said:

RRB

Not so wonderful when it's snowing in APRIL!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
hale710 said:
Robinredbreast said:
hale710 said:

RRB

Not so wonderful when it's snowing in APRIL!

Aaahhh, but we had snow here in England as well. But my brother has said, if you want to see real snow, then Scotlands the place as they have proper snow falls there and not just a couple of inches :lol: Still beautiful though :thumbup:

RRB

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you have more snow again today? After a lovely sunny weekend I thought we were finally in go spring. Apparently not!

LaughingHyena

There's some inof here about the medical exemption http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx I though I downloaded the form and filled it it but I can't find it now. I know I had to take it along to the doctors and they signed it and sent it off.

Mine took a few weeks to proceess, however if you need prescritions before you get the card you can ask for a recipt and I think you have 3 months to claim the money back. It might be worth going to your pharmacisit and asking if they can print you receipts for any recent prescriptions.

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just asked the receptionist at my GPS and she handed the form over I signed it, gave her it back and just over a week later my exemption card came through the post.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

1andylock

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to the Chemist on the first prescription when i was first diagnosed and they told me it should be free.
They gave me the form to sign they contacted the doctor for me and i got the card the next week.
I was not charged for the first load also.
Now that's service and it was not in Scotland and that's a shock also :)

billybadger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I was informed that I was now eligible for free prescriptions by a DSN at the hospital when I was diagnosed. :thumbup:

I wasn't told that I needed an exemption certificate card though till I got to the chemist to pick up my first prescription. :thumbdown:

They let me have the prescription free though and told me I needed to get a from my GP to get a card for next time. :thumbup: