Hate the insulin but needs must

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: I have stopped insulin now 2 days ...... But my levels a

Personally I don't low carb as I have not found a need for it. But I see great results from it from a lot of people on here!

Andy has some fab looking recipes you should try if you're going down that route!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Righteo folks, I've been in personal contact with Sameer. He lives in Karachi, Pakistan. Access to doctors cost him £20 a pop and the doctors don't seem to care about the quality of service they provide, only about the money. He told me they didn't care when he contacted them regarding this predicament.

I think we can all appreciate how difficult this is for him. He's newly diagnosed, has frequent hypos (we all remember how scary these are when first diagnosed) and he has a doctor that doesn't care. Above all he doesn't have access to a free health service that we UK residents have and I imagine that Pakistan's health service and diabetes care isn't anywhere near up to NHS standards (as much as we moan about it, I imagine Pakistan is much worse). I don't know anything about Sameer's finances, but I image £20 in Pakistan is probably quite a lot of money.

Now we know this context, I hope we can all be more patient with him, as I would be petrified as just as anxious as he is.

He said he is going to change his doctors. In the meantime I've told him to lower his dose and keep an eye out for when they start to rise again when he comes out of his honeymoon period (if that what this is). Obviously, it's difficult for us to be prescriptive, but I think he doesn't have much choice other than relying on experienced folk like ourselves.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Cheers Sam. Wish he'd said earlier ! annoying as he is , I hope he sorts himself out lol !

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

SamJB said:
Righteo folks, I've been in personal contact with Sameer. He lives in Karachi, Pakistan. Access to doctors cost him £20 a pop and the doctors don't seem to care about the quality of service they provide, only about the money. He told me they didn't care when he contacted them regarding this predicament.

I think we can all appreciate how difficult this is for him. He's newly diagnosed, has frequent hypos (we all remember how scary these are when first diagnosed) and he has a doctor that doesn't care. Above all he doesn't have access to a free health service that we UK residents have and I imagine that Pakistan's health service and diabetes care isn't anywhere near up to NHS standards (as much as we moan about it, I imagine Pakistan is much worse). I don't know anything about Sameer's finances, but I image £20 in Pakistan is probably quite a lot of money.

Now we know this context, I hope we can all be more patient with him, as I would be petrified as just as anxious as he is.

He said he is going to change his doctors. In the meantime I've told him to lower his dose and keep an eye out for when they start to rise again when he comes out of his honeymoon period (if that what this is). Obviously, it's difficult for us to be prescriptive, but I think he doesn't have much choice other than relying on experienced folk like ourselves.

Thanks for clearing that up Sam! We should all take note that it's important to give ALL details when asking for advice, or explaining why it has been actively ignored

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Sammer,

Brain fog? Are you an alcoholic, do you take drugs? There are so many gaps in your story, no wonder your doctor can't figure you out.
There's so much you DON'T say and I found it quite worrying. But you say you've not seen a doctor, then you have, you stopped taking insulin, then you're on 10mmol and 10mmol. Your statements don't stack up. It"s as though you've picked up a diabetes symptoms guide and are asking the common questions off the form. This forum is serious and is not a toy or game. If you want that, go onto facebook.
I think you've finally outstayed your welcome here, sadly. People are happy to help but you're not being honest with your doctor, yourself or with us. Your doctor can help you if you are honest and truthful with him, if not you'll never receive the treatment you need, unfortunately. Sorry to say, but this little game of yours is coming to an end. Goodbye

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I have the greatest sympathy for anyone struggling with diabetes. I've been there myself and it is hell. I can't even imagine how bad it must be in a country where the level of care may be inadequate. It doesn't change the fact that Sameer's posts are riddled with inconsistencies. He has made statements that completely contradict each other. This forum is a haven for all who subscribe because of the caring and supportive members. Sameer has caused genuine worry and concern and if he is not genuine then his threads are a very sick joke. If he is sincere I hope he eventually re reads all of the sound advice he has received here and improves his situation. Otherwise he should find other ways to amuse himself

choudhry

Hi, sameer diabetes is a killer , we cant cure it ... But we can control it.

I am new to insulin , getting injections daily and other stuff . I am finding it very hard and i believe you are passing through same stage.
We all are here to help each other and we want you to please look after yourself by getting advice here and further consulting a doctor.

We all can understand what you are going through cuz we all here are on same boat.
I hope you will be okay soon with healthy sugar levels:p

Sameer check my posts i still ask so many questions here and get valued opinions from people. All are very friendly and helpful.
Just a piece of advice when you ask question pls try to give all the details and then try to intigrate that information.

@dear all
I think our member sameer is confused alot as recently being diagnosed , may be english is his second language . So there is a little bit of communication gap between all of us and him.

I understand every one tried to help him out but due to the gap present we are facing a bit of problem.

Thank you very much all of you.have a nice weekend

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Guys, let's not be quick to criticise. Please see my post. Sameer is Pakistani, his English is imperfect and he has had limited contact with expensive doctors who have given him substandard care and very little information. He's in a difficult situation and is anxious because of his hypos and lack of decent care.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Thank you Sam,
You've verified what I suspected.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

To be fair, it doesn't matter who or where he is. The advice is still the same. See your doctor ! I feel bad for him but we can't advise on his medication unfortunately. We're not doctors. Good luck Sameer ;-)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

mo1905 said:
To be fair, it doesn't matter who or where he is. The advice is still the same. See your doctor ! I feel bad for him but we can't advise on his medication unfortunately. We're not doctors. Good luck Sameer ;-)

The issue here is we can say "see a doctor" all we want, but if it too expensive it can't be done.

On the other hand we are not qualified to give medical advice on such a serious condition.

I'm afraid this situation is lose - lose!

blackcat79

Well after reading some ppl comments on here im not sure its as caring as its made out to be!
Regardless of your thoughts this guy has been askingvfor ur advice n thoughts which how seems he may not have put it across so well due language barrier but im glad someone PM him. He was only trying yo get help n undestand on his diabetes from a well known site in the Uk where maybe he knows we all have free good n knowlegdeable health care do he could mayb be armed when going to his doctor that he pays for etc to mske use of his time with saud doctor. Yes mayb he should have given more details but thrn again no one asked him either!! Think about that. Ppl could clearly see he wasnt listening as such maybe that was a clue????.
Anyway just my look on things. I do hope he gets the help and right care etc as i know its not easy here in the UK to be honest so god knows how other ppl get on outside our country!

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sameer,

Can you get access to any of the books we read that could help you understand perhaps?
"Think like a Pancreas" is a good one for explaining about insulin.

Hope you get sorted soon and you get to control the condition safely.

Angie

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

He was offered an enormous amount of advice by many people. It's easy to all say now "we should have known" better ! Hindsight eh......
At times of his postings, he never too anyones advice. I appreciate English may not have been his first language be he has since managed to let someone else know through a PM his situation regarding healthcare difficulties.
In my opinion, the people on this forum are very caring and Sameer was offered plenty of excellent advice.
If anything, it makes me appreciate the NHS more as it seems to get a pounding all say long by people here, and that's even more unfair !

blackcat79

Thats as mayb but someone ppl have bn nasty n their comments too! I did say it was my take on things n as u have said 'in your opinion' we r all allowed our owe thoughts!
Ive had endless trpuble with NHS over the years as have many have many ppl i know. Even now im fighting a battle to get right help with my diabetes yet cos im not always in the 20s BS reading they dont seem to care that im not in range n just kerp giving me more pills which i cant stomach etc. Ive waited 6 wks for my gp to even do referals to hospital on request from diabetic clinic! Its not what it all cracks up to be this NHS. My dad has bipolar n had a bad do with it n we could get the help so my mum n I took him to A n E which was dam hard cos of the way he was then they stuck us in a room on our own away from others not nice at all! My parents have paid their taxes nevet claimed anything yet thats how they got treated by ' our wonderful NHS' Yeah right it suck n fails ppl every day! Its truely isnt all that!!!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Sorry to hear of your problems both past and present. I guess I've been lucky in that I've found the NHS great but I appreciate this is certainly not the case for all ! I hope you get better treatment in the future !

Sameer

Ok my sugar is high a bit 210 is that too high on random !!!

Taking novomix 30 , 21 and 17 units ...not feeling good so i started it 10 morning 10 evening .....but feel same , why , taking nothing else ....my readings are Normal Range !!!! But i feel weak sleepy and burning eyes , BRAIN FOG cant think clearly !!!! Readings are normal !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Sameer

Guys i know every one here .... Have too much concern for me i am blessed i know to have you guys .... I am surprised as i thought nobody will talk to me if i tell them i am a pakistani ......but it was completely opposite .... Thankyou !!!
Okay guys yes its true i cannot explain my self clearly .......my english is okay !!!

Okay guys i called my top hospital , in emergency they said you can make an appointment after 15 days with the top most doctor .... So i told u guys they dont care ..... Any way trrying to get earleir lets see

Till then i will check my levels and take insulin with that dose might be lower like 10 units morning and 10 at night

So guys again i am sorry for not giving you all details i hope u guys understand !!!

Thankyou SAM !!!!

Thankyou all !!
Sameer !!

Taking novomix 30 , 21 and 17 units ...not feeling good so i started it 10 morning 10 evening .....but feel same , why , taking nothing else ....my readings are Normal Range !!!! But i feel weak sleepy and burning eyes , BRAIN FOG cant think clearly !!!! Readings are normal !!!
Sent using Ipad .