What happen if there is too much insulin in your body ??????

Sameer

What happen if u take more than the insulin u need ????

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Re: What happen if there is too much insulin in your body ??

Too much insulin will lower your blood glucose. Depending how much insulin you took and what you levels were beforehand would determine if this could lead to a hypo or not.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

I think it making me sick ???

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

Elc1112

Hi Sameer,

If you have too much insulin it will probably cause a hypo. Symptoms are different for all of us. I often feel a little sick if my sugars drop quickly. Test your sugar levels and see what they say.

Em

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Sameer

You seem to be having problems with your doses, missing injection, wanting to stop injections etc.

You really need to go back to your health care provider .. Doctor or Consultant and explain to them what is happening.. And the thoughts that you can stop insulin.

You may need to alter doses, food quantity, times etc.
It is hard to be able to advise anybody on insulin witout a days diary of blood levels and food and times.

Sameer

I told him that with lower doses i still goes to hypo and feel sick
The doc said i am crazy
I told him i have brain fog and difficult in concentration
I might have this http://www.diabetes.co.uk/insulin-resistance.html

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/insulin-resistance.html

Pls guide me

Sent using Ipad .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Sameer, to be honest nobody here knows enough about you to overule what your medical team are saying ! It certainly seems you are having problems but you need to speak to a doctor. Your meds may need changing ? I think you need to call them first thing tomorrow for an urgent appt. Please let us know how you get on.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

What makes you think you have insulin resistance?

Sameer, it is impossible to help you with the information you give...
You tell us your high, then symptoms of lows, then you self diagnosing that you have insulin resistance....
You dont give any information for what a daily diary with blood tests, food or activity is...

You must go back to your doctor and explain clearly to them what is happening... Without self diagnosing yourself.

Look at your sugnature.. It says high in mornings.. Eating late at night etc...

Without a clear diary of levels and foods... Even your doctor will find it difficult to help you....

Elc1112

Sameer,

You are newly diagnosed. This means that your body will still be producing some insulin if its own. This is called the honeymoon period. It can make it a little difficult to manage your sugar levels but, for most people, it only lasts a little while.

If you've just been diagnosed it is likely that your sugar levels have been running very high for a long time. Now they are starting to come down you may feel a little different. Also, if you're sugars are bouncing from high to low then this could be causing you to feel sick.

You need to keep taking your insulin. Stopping will make you very ill. It is important that you get your sugar levels stable. This takes time but your diabetes team are there to help you with this.

Try eating meals at regular times and injecting at the same time each day. If you can, try and have the same number if carbs in each breakfast, each lunch and each dinner. See if this makes a difference to your control. Also make an appointment with your GP to talk about your insulin requirements.

Good luck! Em

Sameer

Ok thankyou guys .... U know why i stop because i was going in hypo again and again
Thats why i stop i was feeling sick , very tired and stuff ???
But u guys are right i should see the doc
If u guys need my test which i am taking every day i will post it
Thanks

Taking novomix 30 , 21 and 17 units ...not feeling good so i started it 10 morning 10 evening .....but feel same , why , taking nothing else ....my readings are Normal Range !!!! But i feel weak sleepy and burning eyes , BRAIN FOG cant think clearly !!!! Readings are normal !!!
Sent using Ipad .

glenmoray

Not only will you go hypo by injecting too much insulin, unused insulin stores itself as fat cells in your body so you will start gaining weight. I've been a type 1 diabetic 33 years and due to being badly advised by my GP clinic was injecting too much insulin for 16 years and during these years my weight rocketed from 15 stone to 28 stone. Since attending the DAFNE course in November last year I now are on the correct insulin dosage and I've nearly lost 3 stones.

colaguzzler

if there is too much in the body it will drie your bs dowwn to a dangerously low level.
haing the same effect if you mis-calculate your carbo count and take too much from your insulin pen