Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I do enjoy life, seen too many loved ones have their lives cut short not to enjoy it. I really don't see how I would be doing anything different if I didn't have diabetes.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Who has a fuller life, the adrenalin junky millionaire globe trotting playboy or the monk on top of the mountain who spends he's life in contiplation, I suppose which ever is happiest, I reckon if we enjoy our lives (mostly) then we are living life to the full, regardless of what we do, as my only criteria for happiness is a happy healthy family then I as squeezing every ounce out of life :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep, enjoying it fully. Never wanted to be a plane pilot or astronaut...

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
I have strived to be a pheasant plucker all my life !

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
dhanasvi said:
Are you enjoying your life? Life with diabetes. But are you living it fully?

Sent from the live life diabetically

That is such an interesting question dhansasvi.

I would say that apart from having the odd craving for a bar of chocolate :D diabetes doesn't really interfere with my enjoyment of life. By that I mean, I don't let it be so.
Actually I feel, sadly, if we were to adopt the kind of negative attitude that "diabetes is spoiling our enjoyment in life", then we'd reach a very dark place all too quickly. (and that includes me)

I feel if we possibly can, difficult as it may be, the best approach for me is to accept our lot as we find it, trying hard to accept what life throws at us.
I don't personally feel my life revolves around having diabetes. It could be much, much worse.
You know the old saying....
There's always some other poor individual much worse off than me.

Your question reminds me what I occasionally have asked friends or relatives of all ages....
Does life, as you understand it, become better as you get older?"
The response is wide, varied and so interesting, from some thinking it's a silly question, to some not really able to reply.

(Here endeth the first lesson. lol)

Hope you manage to hang around the forum, even with your short post, you come across as an interesting person.

All the best. :thumbup:

weewillie

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"the mind is a place unto itself, and in itself can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven"
Life really is what you make it. If I allow diabetes to destroy my happiness hen what else will I give that power to. Most people are dealing with something - emotionally, physically, mentally or a combination of all three. If we shift our focus to the positive things going on in our lives then we will smile more. I have a book that says to count the positives in each day as you go along. They can be small things like a really good cup of tea but if you acknowledge them all they add up to a really good feeling

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dhanasvi

I like the responses I've been getting.. all positive ones.:))
I'm totally enjoying my life andfrankly speaking I cant imagine how it would be without diabetes.
Infact sometimes it feels good to be a diabetic. It teaches you so much self control, to value each moment in life and yeahh it makes it mandatory for you to stay fit! That's such an advantage!
I hope no one out there feels bad for being a diabetic.. its a boon if you know how to control it.
Keep smiling people :)
Sent from Live life diabetically

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
I can hear the tambourines !

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Thundercat said:
"the mind is a place unto itself, and in itself can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven"
Life really is what you make it. If I allow diabetes to destroy my happiness hen what else will I give that power to. Most people are dealing with something - emotionally, physically, mentally or a combination of all three. If we shift our focus to the positive things going on in our lives then we will smile more. I have a book that says to count the positives in each day as you go along. They can be small things like a really good cup of tea but if you acknowledge them all they add up to a really good feeling

Aaaamen to that, Thundercat. :thumbup:

zippy28

hi from steven having diabetes does not effect my life i have other health issues like angina/polyneuropathy/ischemic heart disease/asthma/but in life i wake up every day and see my loverly wife and think thats my life ...thats whats keeps me going every day in my life ...

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am I being oversensitive? The previous post is part of a post I made a couple of weeks ago and I feel a bit peeved that it seems to be used here to as an excuse to advertise cheap flights. Its still early in the morning so maybe I just haven't woken up yet.

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
I try not to let it spoil my bubbly happy go lucky life despite it causing me probs over last Month with other health issues had a bit of depression with it mood swings etc but I'm a positive kind of guy I'm not going to let it put me down :cool:

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lived life to the full so far and will continue to do so for as long as I can, I see no gain in acting as if the world has ended just because my metabolism has a wacky sense of humour. I do take the diabetes seriously, but apart from eating a few less carbs, a bit more exercise and keeping a eye on my BG I have changed very little. You only get one stab at life, so make the most of whatever you have is my motto