Type 1 diabetes

Tinytot

My three and a half year old was diagnosed last week. And I just can't get my head around it all. I struggle with injections, although he is fine having his suger levels tested. Also all this food stuff is driving me mad. What he can have, what he can't have.ect. Anyone in the same boat.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Traceylh

Hi my 5 year old daughter was diagnosed on 18th feb and I still can't get my head around food and I constantly worrying am u giving her enough or am I giving her too much, dose she need a snack and wot smack can u give her, but we manage as for the injections that dose get easier to do! Children adapt so much better then we do as parents as my daughter as taken to it really well! I don't think any of the feelings will go away they just get easier to cope with!
How is your little one coping?

Tinytot

He is coping better than me. He is such a happy little fella. But like you said you never know if your giving them two much to eat or not enough. My little one just seems to want to eat all the time. He is on two injections a day. He is getting better with them. But has been on a lot of lows in the last two days. Do hope it gets better. Hope your little girl is okay to.

Traceylh

She's coping really well thanks! She is on 4 injections a day and just takes it in her stride! It dose get easier and dont think you are on your own, there are some great people on here that will try and help, if you ever want to chat just pm me xx

Cody

I think anyone who is a type 1 parent with a type 1 child should be proud and feel they can look after that child betted than a non type 1 as u surely have more background knoledge

Hi. My son was 3 and a half when we found out he had diabetes and is now nearly nine and I went though all the feelings u r having know but I can say it gets easier and the best thing I found was 4 my son 2 go on 2 the carb counting. I do still have days when I think I am doing it wrong but so much affects them xx

Muddie

Hit little boy was 3 yesterday and was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with type 1 !! I know how your feeling , like your world has ended , but it does get easier to handle !!! Xx