I have lower my insulin but i still go to hypo ... Then i ha

Sameer

My morning units are now 14 and night is 14 but still i goes to hypo after 2 hours of eating
So what should i do ...
Please check my signature what i was taking before its been 2 days i have change it
Pls guide !!!

Thankyou

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: I have lower my insulin but i still go to hypo ... Then

I'm a bit confused, you have this post saying your doses are too high but another post saying you think you're insulin resistant. That doesn't make sense. If you were insulin resistant you wouldn't be going hypo

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Seamer, as stated on other posts, with Novomix 30 you need to eat to stop the hypos. If you are going hypo then either reduce your insulin or eat more.

iHs

Sameer

Unless you are very overweight and have big stomach, then I doubt very much that you have 'insulin resistance'. But in any case, only a doctor can confirm whether your weight gain leading to being overweight is causing you to need more insulin because of resistance.

Please stop looking at those other threads as I think they are making you get very confused.

For now just concentrate at dealing with the hypo feeling that you are getting and do what SamJB has mentioned. Eat a bit more carb food at certain meal times that lead you to becoming hypo and just keep testing your bg levels so that the extra food has the correct affect on your bg levels.

Sameer

Ok thanks

After taking insulin I get burning eyes dizziness sweating confusion brain fog
Currently taking novo mix 30
10 units only

Cody

It's not healthy for anyone not to eat at least 100g of carbs a day at least. This is what your liver needs to have ur back up glucose emergency supply ( basically if u are hypo ur liver will do its best to sort it out) but if u don't eat that vital 100g carbs a day ur liver has nothing to supply u with as it turns these carbs to glucose to save u. Our body's are very very clever if we use them properly

Sameer

Hale pls give me some detail , why if i think i am insulin resistance i cant go hypo whats the theory !!!

Took my lower dose 10 units a day , after dose sweating , state of confusion , brain fog lets hope this will go .
Sent using Ipad .

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

In a basic form, insulin breaks down the sugar/glucose in your blood. If you are hypo you have broken down too much and your blood sugar is low.

If you're insulin resistant then your body struggles to use the insulin, whether you've injected it or it has come from your pancreas.

You describe hypo (low blood glucose) symptoms, therefore your body IS using the insulin. And so you're not insulin resistant.

Does that make more sense?

Sameer

Yes it make sence
Thanks
Lets hope good !!!

Setting my dose .....on novomix 30 !!!
Sent using Ipad .