Are you hitting the 3 main diabetes targets?

How many of the main 3 diabetes health targets are you meeting?

• I'm meeting all 3 of the targets

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I'm meeting 2 of the targets

Votes: 52 44.4%
  • I meet 1 of the targets

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • I'm currently meeting none of the targets

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All three

hbA1c 6.1 BP 122/70 and col 4.0. For the first time ever my surgery has started giving out split numbers for col my fluffy stuff was 3.3 so fairly happy with my results. My hbA1c is up slightly from 5.7, strangely I have dropped my carbs a bit so not sure what that means, I think it may be down to liver dumps i know i have been having - not sure about the science about liver dumps and the effects on your hbA1c though

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Tot Chols drifting around 3.4 -3.7, BP~ 125/71 Although practice nurse gets ~140/82 (and they aint even lookers :lol: )
HbA1c drifts around 5.4-5.5 (36-38)
when I was diagnosed Tot Chols were 2.7 and they wanted me to go on statins. Wonder how that would have worked on the brain side of blood/brain barrier :crazy:

c-kuate

Hi - Im new to this site, been diabetic for 21 years, although initially on tablets have been on insulin for 15 years now. I have struggled for the past year to get my diabetes stable, having had two illnesses, one resulting in my gall bladder being removed, and the other took six months to get well. I suffer from peripheral neuropathy, which has impacted upon my eyesight (double vision) and which impacted on my balance. I am now back at work, but recently my eyes went off again. My bloods are all over the place, between 6 or 7 and 19 at times, and I am now down to eating only twice a day, one meal of which is fruit (breakfast). The diabetes consultant refuses to believe the problems with my eyes are linked to the diabetes! Feel stuck - but to answer this question, no I am only hitting one of the targets.

CK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As Meatloaf would say 'two out of three ain't bad'!
I get the BP and the HBa1C scores fine, but my C levels are hovering around the 5 mark. My DN and GP don't seem too worried though!
:D

tom58

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get the BP and the HBa1C scores fine, but my C levels are hovering around the 5 mark. My DN and GP don't seem too worried though!

As above. My C is 5.76 mmol/l. Is mmol/l the value normally used in the UK or is it g/l?
:D If it's g/l (which is normally used here in France)then mine's 2.23.

Tom

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Well I'm awaiting my latest results but I do have one I'm proud of...

after 10 weeks of low-carbing my BP has dropped to 104/70 :D

osmajan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm managing 2 of the targets BP and Cholesterol - HbA1C is a bit over at 50 but I'm working on it!