Thank you and farewell.

chocoholic

After much thought,I have decided to leave the forum and did not want to go without saying thank you to those who have supported me and helped me through a a very trying couple of years.
I'd like to say special thanks to Fergus who first made me aware what cutting the carbs could do.
I have cut the carbs considerably and now often have readings in the 4's and 5's and though I went on a bit of a roller-coaster testing this approach out, I am now utterly convinced that this IS the way to go and if,in time, I find moderate carbs. are too high to attain good levels, I shall lower them, rather than up the insulin. I know I'll never be off the insulin but it is not my intention to get into a cycle of eating more and upping insulin to silly levels.
There are many others on this forum whose advice has helped me no end....to name but a few.....iHs, SarahQ, sugarless sue, Dennis and the wonderfully knowledgeable diabeticgeek. I thank you all.
Keep smiling everyone.
Kindest regards,
Chocoholic.

Thirsty

I'm truly sorry you've reached this decision and hope you'll reconsider. I, for one, have enjoyed reading your posts.

Stay well and best of luck to you.

MelanieL

As a new member, I ask you to stay and continue to make a contribution to this lively and informative forum. People like me need people like you as we begin our battle with this troublesome disease.

I cannot describe the relief I felt when I found this site - my BG was in the high teens and low twenties, the nurse had given me the diabolical advice to eat carbs and low fat. Between the Metformin and the help I found here, my BG is now regularly in the 4's and 5's, and I am a convert to a lower carb lifestyle!

I've been busy this weekend, and have missed what has obviously been a heated and controversial time. I would just say that our experiences, solutions and opinions on how to control this disease is bound to be diverse and even controversial - but there should be room for each of us to express ourselves and to agree to disagree when things get heated!

ChezMorgan

Dislikes
Peppers , Spiders, War and people who think they are better than me, we are all equal !
Why are you leaving ?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya choc,
id rather you stayed but if you must go then please look after you and yours and stay well ,i know how u feel as ive had a few members saying they are thinking of leaving,i myself have thought about it on many occasions as the stupidness of some is totally offputting and if i was a newbie i certainly wouldnt want to stay here..
my love and thoughts are with u whatever u choose u must do xxx

iHs

Ahhhhh

I wish you all the best Choccy. I guess you have started to know what you are doing now with insulin and carb. Remember you can always change insulins if the present stuff is causing agro. You didnt say as to whether you got in with that nice GP I told you about?

Take Care and enjoy life :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
It seems to be the endless bickering and side taking gov :?

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Farewell - & thank you for the fish :wink: & feel free to pop back when you are lonely or wish to contribute :)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goodbye Choc.
You too have helped me with your great posts and positive outlook. I also wish you would stay for all those people who will come to this forum in despair, seeking the help and encouragement you and others like you so eloquently offer.

When I organise the forum party, I'll find a way of letting you know!

Here's to health, wealth, happiness and an HBA1c in the 4's

wiflib

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thank you for your kind words and just being there

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Goodbye chocoholic,

I'll miss you on the forum but hope we'll speak again sometime. If you're ever around the Athens of the North, look me up and I'll treat you to a deep fried Mars Bar. :wink:

Good luck and best wishes,

fergus

hazey276

Well choc what can I say :shock: . I being one of the minnows on this (but learning all the time) look towards people like yourself for help and guidance :( . So I for one will miss your input, guidance and support. I like everyone else hopes you might change your mind but if you don't I wish you all the best for the future to you and your's :)

best wishes xx

Hazey

shadwell

It is a shame to see Choc and others go and sadly, I think I will be one of them. Although I don't post much, I have found this site to be invaluable and for me, the low carb approach has changed (and probably extended) my life more than I could have dreamed of. But I am tired of thread after thread descending into tit-for-tat arguments, grand-standing, long winded posts about who's right and who's wrong etc. etc. So many times, I find myself trawling through post after post of the above just to find the useful information this site is really all about. For every newbie who actually sticks with it and gets the valuable information they need to help get their diabetes under control, I'm willing to bet there are many more who just give up and go away, or are too scared to post for fear of being shot down by one side or another of the low-carb/hi-carb debate. I think the moderators do a good if difficult job and this site is sorely needed and I would personally like to thank Fergus, Sugarless Sue, Dennis, and Karen whose experience and well-thought, rational postings have helped me tremendously. I really hope this forum can turn itself around to where is was just a few months ago because it is sorely needed.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ditto to everything shadwell says :?

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Choccy and Shadwell,
I am really sorry to see you leaving and I'll miss you both. Its nice of you to say that we have helped you in getting to grips with your diabetes, and if at some point you should come across a diabetes related problem that you want some help with, just remember that we will still be here to help if we can.

Good luck to you both.

The Governor

Could I make a slightly controversial point?

Do we not all have a responsibility to stick around here? If those members who carb-control had upped and left before I found this site 6 months ago I'd have been lost, and probably not be as well as I am now.

Now - this idea that if people have differing views about diets it's a real problem is fundamentally flawed in my opinion.

If you see someone extoling the virtues of low-carb and think you have a higher-carb alternative, state your argument. Christ, if comeone can tell me how I can eat what I like carb-wise and still have BG in the 5's and 6's I'm all ears!

The idea that one "side" has to retreat is ridiculous. In fcat the idea that there are "sides" is nonsense.

Let the debate breath, let people discuss their findings and most of all don't attack someone for having success in a way you're not happy with!

Come on people! - let's support each other, there's nobody who's going to help us as much as we can help each other! Where is the sense of responsibility to newly diagnosed sufferers?

We're in this together - cut the territorial **** and get with the programme!

:mrgreen:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Thanks Gov.Well said!!I don't know why there is this constant bear baiting of low carb either.It works for me,it works for others and yes,it is not the only diet in the diabetic world but it is one of them and should be treated as fairly as any other.

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Chocoholic,
I'm sorry you are leaving. I am quite perplexed by all the hoo-ha that's been going on lately, why DO people get so worked up about other peoples' opinions? The great thing about being an adult in a free country is that you can read and choose to ignore or just choose not to read if you have an idea it's going to upset you. Information needs to be out there so that we can all make informed decisions - knowledge is power as they say. Long live free speech, I think Sugarless Sue does a great job, and please reconsider Chocoholic!
Sue