Shoulder pains causes by bad diabetic control

Tbren++

Hi everyone new to this site but been type 2 for ten years. This last six months though my control has been through the roof, had my meds changed to pioglitezone and metformin and a statin. The last few months I've been getting pains in my shoulders and going down one arm I went to see the doc expecting him to maybe give me a cortozone injection but he said if he didn't know me and came in with these pains he would check me for diabetes. He said its due to my sugar levels being to high. Has anyone else had similar situation as it seems to go against anything else I've heard about diabetes, your input would be appreciated.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello Tbren .

Here are two threads we have had on this.

Frozen shoulder viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38814&hilit=frozen+shoulder

Calcification of the shoulder viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35953

Hope these can help you .
It 'is' painful and unpleasant, this limits your mobility to do the simple things too .

It is four weeks today since I had my 'op' and driving putting car into 2nd gear still hurts me .
They promise me over time it 'will' get easier though . :thumbup:

Read through these - Ask any other questions that you feel or need to ...
We are here to support and help the best we can .

Anna.

eggplant

Hi TBren

Yep, when I was first diagnosed, I had the frozen shoulder symptoms and when diagnosed had high sugars and ketones. The pain, apparently, comes from your body looking for glucose in your muscles when it can't find it elsewhere.

staycalm&hopeful

hi tbren,
i had a shoulder scan 2 months ago after a year of pain, plus coudnot lie down or sleep :x i still in a lot of pain.AS soon as i told
the dr doing the scan i was diabetic he said that explains it all :crazy: personally not sure diabetics is every answer myself.
need to see doc for injection as still in a lot of pain :( so i say dont suffer like i have to long .
Debs

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suffered a lot with shoulder pain which sometimes also affected my arm. Went to a chiropractor and one of my discs was out. A couple of treatments later no more pain. It comes back occasionally but not as bad and I go back to get my disc fixed. Shoulder pain can be caused by high bs but not all shoulder pain is diabetes related. Sometimes doctors can't see past diabetes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App