BREAKFAST

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Eggs!, Omlettes, bacon and eggs, fresh fruit. Funny in this country we have got used to cereals when they are the least decent food you can eat. In other countries they eat meats and stuff.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Hi Jackie,

It seems that cerials arn't the best thing for diabetics according to this forum, and a bit of personal experience. As a type 2, I thought a bowl of porridge in the morning, sometimes with sultanas, was good for me. Low sugar but high carbs. It now appears this is not good at all. Some people think that a breakfast consisting of meat and eggs is far better for them. How would your daughter react to a plate of bacon and eggs? No toast, or maybe just half a slice. Have a look at the low carb section of the forum.
Lee

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Jackie,

I would guess your daughter is Type 1 as it would be unusual for a 9 year old to be type 2. It could be she just fancies something different - cereals are often quite sweet, even with no sugar added, so does she have a preference for savoury things over sweet ones? As well as the other suggestions you could try boiled eggs and soldiers. If she is type 1 then she will need some carb from the bread in order to balance the insulin.

Dennis