NEXT COVENTRY SUPPORT MEETING

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The next support group meeting for Coventry will be held on Tuesday 17th January at 7.30pm at the U.R.C. Hall, The Chesils, Styvechale, Coventry.
Our speaker for this evening will be Dr. S. Sankar who is a Consultant in the Department of Endocrinology at Walsgrave Hospital.
If you would like any more information please pm me.
Thanks. Jude :)

Hello
Firstly please let me introduce myself, my name is Keith Shuttleworth I am 62 years of age and a retired Quality Manager and type 2 diabetic taking daily insulin injections and metformin.
My wife is also a diabetic currently on tablet medication including metformin, we would like the opportunity to meet other people who have diabetes to try and understand how different people manage their condition and so were looking to see if a support group existed in Coventry and came across your recent posts on the diabetes.co.uk webb site regarding meetings being held.
If you could please provide me with any information regarding future meetings I would be most appreciative.
Best Regards
Keith

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Keith

What a shame you found my post after our last meeting - it was a really good meeting with Dr. Sankar leading it. However, at present we are meeting every other month, the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30pm at the United Reform Church, The Chesils, Styvechale, Coventry. Our next meeting is Tuesday 20th March and we will be having a talk by a Dietitian who works with the Community Diabetes Team.
It has been difficult to find support even though our meetings have been well advertised - our first meeting was October 2011. Coventry did have a support group for many years but the lady running it was unable to get anyone to help her and she eventually gave it up. My diabetes nurse suggested I could try and get a new support group together so I contacted Diabetes UK and now we are at the beginning of getting a group established.
We still need people who are prepared to make a commitment to the group by being involved in a committee. I hope you are able to join us next month.

Jude :) :)

whitev05

Hi Jude,
For some reason I can't PM you, but would like to have a chat. I'm looking into diabetes stats in Coventry & Warwickshire for a piece on BBC Cov & Warks - local radio.
Cheers
Vanessa
[email protected]
02476 539251

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday 15th May at 7.30pm United Reform Church, Baginton Road/Top of The Chesils, Styvechale. I have not been informed about the speaker for that evening - will put it on here if I know before 15th!!

E v e r y o n e i s W e l c o m e - Diabetics, Carers, Health Professionals, Family members and friends of people who have diabetes.

PM me if you require anymore information.

Judith