Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Great! Well done! How are you doing it?

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Nice one Kerry, we're right behind you. How are you going about it. Lost 2.5 stone in 4 months, want to lose another half stone, that I can't bloody well hget rid. Any tips, mate? Keep us posted re: your progress as well, of course you can do it! :)

KerryD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi Guys
Am really watching carbs and portion sizes, and eating sensibly.
EG:
Breakfast: Mornflake Oatbran/skimmed milk/mango chunks and blueberries mixed in.
Mid Morning: 2 plums
Lunch: small green salad either prawn or chicken OR 2 ryvita breads (no butter or marg) with slice tomato and cucumber and tuna
Mid Afternoon: An Orange
Dinner: Approx 6.00-6.30pm Either Pork or Lamb chop with veg or salmon or piece of cod with veg. No potatoes.

No dressing on anything, however when I cook dinner I season meat or fish with herbs as bland food can be very boring.
I have tea/coffee (not much) during the day, I drink water throughout the day, if I want a snack in between I snack on carrots or cucumber.
NO ALCOHOL.

This will not work for everyone, but it works for me, so before people knock this, because the negative people in the world who want others to fail can't wait to pick flies..........I feel well and am losing weight, which to my mind can only help the situation. Right!

Here's to the next 2 stones. :wave:

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Kerry,
Of course you can! I am so pleased that you have found someting that works for you! Brilliant! :clap: :lol:

Keep us posted as to how you're getting on! :D

Richard871

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality tv
Well done. I'm 1lb under losing my first stone. Want to lose another 2 stone. Not gone down the gym route yet. I'm just not eating like a pratt ie pre type2 diagnosis junk food route. :razz:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Rosebud

Brilliant Kerry
I am trying very hard to lose weight
I have put on 4lbs In a month even though I am low carbing
But with the support I have been having from this site
I Will keep trying
On a more positive note I have been able to reduce my insulin doseage
I am hoping with this reduction in insulin the lbs will evenshaly come off
I wish I had more will power
Well done to you
As you say "it works for you"
You are an inspiration to others but especially to me
So here's to tomorrow
Cheers Rosebud

KerryD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Dishonesty
You know something, the fact that we are all trying to make our lives better makes us ALL WINNERS, the one's I feel sad for are the people who know that they have diabetes and do absolutely NOTHING ABOUT IT, these are the people who whinge and ***** when life throws them a challenge and expect other people to pick up the pieces...............The fact that we are on here tells me that we have all made that step to try to change our habits, even if we don't succeed, AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE TRIED.
Keep going. :thumbup:

sarahg0810

Thank you for this post Kerry!!! When I was diagnosed Type 2 in the New Year, I had already lost a stone in weight last year. Following my diagnosis I have made a concerted effort to change my eating habits. One thing I have found useful, apart from this forum of course, is to substitute and or cut out different foods!! One example of this is using sweet potatoes instead of normal white potatoes!! I have also cut out chocolate, which was my downfall previously!!! I have also joined our local gym and go four or five days a week, to swim or use the cardio/weights room. In the last three months it has meant I have lost half a stone!! I get days where I feel like I haven't lost any weight, but friends and family have been really supportive!! I've also been told that it's better to lose weight slowly as it's easier to keep it off that way!!!

KerryD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Dishonesty
sarahg0810 said:
Thank you for this post Kerry!!! When I was diagnosed Type 2 in the New Year, I had already lost a stone in weight last year. Following my diagnosis I have made a concerted effort to change my eating habits. One thing I have found useful, apart from this forum of course, is to substitute and or cut out different foods!! One example of this is using sweet potatoes instead of normal white potatoes!! I have also cut out chocolate, which was my downfall previously!!! I have also joined our local gym and go four or five days a week, to swim or use the cardio/weights room. In the last three months it has meant I have lost half a stone!! I get days where I feel like I haven't lost any weight, but friends and family have been really supportive!! I've also been told that it's better to lose weight slowly as it's easier to keep it off that way!!!

Well done you, a "PMA" is the key to success in everything we as human beings undertake. If you believe in yourself then others will follow. :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations on the weight loss KerryD it is the one thing that will make the most difference to your control, well that and then keeping it off.

Keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: