Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello Linzi.

The PC will log it as the last entry of a thread and it will show up in both , as active posts
and as the latest new post.
[top of red panel alongside - User Control Panel ]

Members can choose which post they wish to read and reply to from the last logged posts
on currrent various threads being active or last posted board choices .

The last posts, on a thread 'always' go to the bottom of a thread - as last post
To scroll down to the end to reach these is normal .

Hope this will help you . :)

Anna.

Lone Ranger

Re scratchy I use Aveeno lotion or Aveeno cream (blue cap not green). I find Avon skin so soft tricker as its a spray . there is also an Aveeno washing bar but I generally use baby soap. Am on ramopril as well a shaving diabetes 2

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Anonymous

alsida said:
Does anyone else suffer from itching skin? Is it typical in diabetes sufferers? I was diagnosed a few months ago with T2, and am trying to manage by diet and exercise alone. However, in the last month or so I have suffered with terrible itching to the area just above both ankles, both forearms, behind the knees and lower stomach. It's not there all the time - usually in the morning but sometimes in the evening as well. It drives me crazy, so, just before I book in to the doctors yet again, I thought I would ask you good folks. Thank you. :roll:

I have suffered from all over itching for about three years, and have been diagnosed with T2 for about 5. My GP does not feel it is related (or at least no hard evidence) but I am now prescribed antihyistamines which I try to take every couple of days before the itching reappears. I have rubbed my feet raw due to the discomfort so I have some idea of what it's like for you.

However, there can be lots of reasons for itchy skin, so my advice would be to listen to your GP rather than us amateurs.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
Re: Is itchy skin related to diabetes?/logging of post!

:lol: Hi Anna thank you so much for explaining that for me. :oops: I feel a bit of an idiot now!. . . . . but I do have a bit of an excuse. . . . . I mostly only have the use of my nokia phone to communicate with the forum and I cannot download apps as its not that type of phone. Therefore its much more difficult to find stuff as I don't always get full picture and need to keep scrolling across and down pages to see everything. Also I only get limited amount of data per month [ 250MB ] and so far I've used up my whole monthly quota in two weeks and gone over. . . .so that's stopped me in my tracks for a while. . . .I'm at my daughters using her PC at mo hence this latest post. I'm still trying to learn how best to use this forum but already I'm addicted to it :crazy: Keep up good work Anna Linzi :wave:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I occasionally get itching.[I have GOOD control!} I apply emollient cream and keep the skin cool.
Hana

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I get itchy skin between knees and ankles from time to time.

I think that this is due to dry skin - moisturising lotion (such as baby cream) seems to help a lot.

Haven't tied it into elevated BS but it could be a mild fungal infection - sort of athletes shins :lol:

Raised BS apparently does encourage fungal infections.

Cheers

LGC

sassywriter43

My itchy skin isn't related to my diabetes either. I unfortunately picked up shingles, now I have chicken pox, so am rather poorly. If I get slightly hot, I get slightly itchy in the area I had shingles.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Re: Is itchy skin related to diabetes?/logging of post!

Montana said:
:lol: Hi Anna thank you so much for explaining that for me. :oops: I feel a bit of an idiot now!. . . . . but I do have a bit of an excuse. . . . . I mostly only have the use of my nokia phone to communicate with the forum and I cannot download apps as its not that type of phone. Therefore its much more difficult to find stuff as I don't always get full picture and need to keep scrolling across and down pages to see everything. Also I only get limited amount of data per month [ 250MB ] and so far I've used up my whole monthly quota in two weeks and gone over. . . .so that's stopped me in my tracks for a while. . . .I'm at my daughters using her PC at mo hence this latest post. I'm still trying to learn how best to use this forum but already I'm addicted to it :crazy: Keep up good work Anna Linzi :wave:

Hi linzi .
Glad to help - its what I am here for :)
If ever you get stuck with anything in using the forum just ask ...
We will do our best to assist :thumbup:

Anna.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LittleGreyCat said:
I get itchy skin between knees and ankles from time to time.

I think that this is due to dry skin - moisturising lotion (such as baby cream) seems to help a lot.

Haven't tied it into elevated BS but it could be a mild fungal infection - sort of athletes shins :lol:

Raised BS apparently does encourage fungal infections.

Cheers

LGC

I use the avon skin so soft [blue bottled one smells nicest I think, spray oil ]
Its easier to apply onto the body and skin, also contains an insect repellant and is popular
with people travelling abroad too .

Infections 'love' sugar, they feed off it - so the best tactic is to try and keeep the blood sugars 'down' .

Itchy area's the worst are where your warmest like on head,back of neck,groin,behind knees,
inside of elbows, arm pits in between your toes etc...
Warmth and moisture area's seem favoured as the itchy 'hit zones' .

Anna.

Montana

Dislikes
Anyone moody negative or judgemental
:) Hi Danj1495 I know that men can get thrush although I think it's more in women than men. However in my case I suffered very badly with thrush for a couple of years and each time I saw GP about it she said it could be thrush caused by my blood glucose levels being too high. I was in denial of having high levels and used to reject all suggestions of taking diabetic medication, insisting it was not that causing it. . . silly silly me. Now I know they were right [but I refuse to admit it to them] because I have not had one single episode of thrush since the day last Sept that I began meds. Oh the relief. . . .so Danj if someone has thrush, is diabetic and poorly controlled then yes I should think male and female would be affected. Apparently the bugs that cause thrush thrive because of all the excess sugar/glucose floating around our body. Hope this helps. . . .Linzi :thumbup:

Viking

I had itchy skin on my legs, arms and torso which was diagnosed as being Eczema, which is itchy skin and red marks which are itchy. I have used a steroid cream and diprobase, which I get on prescription. The diprobase does stop the itching, but needs to be applied daily until the inflammation disappears.

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You lot are lucky, I get my testicles itching, it is a terrible type of itch once you start you cannot stop,never had it on forearms though
my hba1c was 6

weemaisie

My itchy skin starts at night mostly on my shoulders upper arms and then around my lower legs and feet. It drives me crazy and I always end up taking a antihistamine tablet and that usually helps. My skin becomes so dry that I am now slobbering loads do cream on myself after I shower and that in turn is helping my skin from not being too dry and itchy.

volaer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...
My sugar level is already controlled. I got some serious itching even when I was still not diabetic.

I just noticed, when I've been very stressed I got a lot of itching. So that means that itching can or cannot be due to high BS. You need to observe yourself. As for me, I know I have skin asthma even when I was young.

JMM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many.
My Type 1 is well controlled but I too have itchy skin (mainly at and during the night and on my stomach). I too can scratch it raw at times. However my GP gave me Betamethasone Cream which stops it immediately. Don't know if it can be bought off prescription though.

liz13

I've had itchy skin for years now ( have been diabetic for 60 yrs). It comes and goes at the most awkward times (like out in public).
My GP prescribed Lanacane and sometimes I use E45 for Itchy Skin and it does help to stop the itch cycle. The most infuriating is the itching of my palms and underside of my fingers although I have had it on my ankles, stomach, back and the latest one is my rear end which is VERY embarrassing to say the least!!!!! My bs readings don't seem to make any difference at all but I have noticed that its worse when I'm stressed.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I get itching ,but not red raw itching, at night in bed, in my lower/middle back. Strange place to scratch, the lower to middle back, but its if there is an itch, that's where it is, strange :lolno: Type 1 20+ years.

RRB :)