high suger levels

lindo77

hi i have been diabetic since november 1999 and is badley controlled on 40 units of novoraid and 26 levimeir all the diabetic nurses and doctors keep telling me to keep ujusting insilun, starting to get worried now keep getting a thrist and drinking irn bru and cola susger levles are now hitting 20 - 30, sum days its 11

was wondering if any one has the same problem and how can lower suger levels.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do you adjust your insulin?
Do you carb count?
Are you giving yourself correction bolus's?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
High levels are probably caused by not enough insulin with your meals. You need to start counting carbs and then it will get to normal levels

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lindo77 said:
hi i have been diabetic since november 1999 and is badley controlled on 40 units of novoraid and 26 levimeir all the diabetic nurses and doctors keep telling me to keep ujusting insilun, starting to get worried now keep getting a thrist and drinking irn bru and cola susger levles are now hitting 20 - 30, sum days its 11

was wondering if any one has the same problem and how can lower suger levels.

Are you drinking regular Irn Bru and Cola? If they are not diet, no sugar drinks they will put your levels up.

Angie

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lindo77

A long time ago I got into a spiral of eating more carbs and taking more insulin which made controlling blood sugars very difficult as I was constantly chasing highs... and taking more insulin to try and get them under control. And so the spiral went up and up.

The only advice I got from my diabetic team was to increase insulin. Do you think this might have happened to you?

lindo77

hi sorry for long delay, yea that only advice get from diabtic team, i drink diet drinks, not a tea or coffee drinker never liked warm drinks,not seen a diaticen for 4 years and aint got a clue how to calb count :(

volaer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Don't like pricking...
Learn to monitor your BS. Observe food that makes it spike and what makes it go down.

Also learn to implement natural treatments especially exercise and proper diet. Not all diet program is good for diabetic people Stick to diabetic friendly diet program. Don't over exercise. Jogging and walking for 1-2 miles everyday is a good start of controlling your blood sugar level.