OMG Hb1c Result

misterdj

Had my latest test results today. HbA 1c is 5. When i was diagnosed in February this year it was 9.8 Fasting blood glucose was also in the non diabetes range. I was completely amazed as i didn't think it would be this good. So GP happy and i shall not be taking any medication.

I've been on a low carb diet since March. Originally i went down to less than 50g of carbs a day. Now i tend to be between 30 and 70g a day. I don't eat bread, potatoes rice or pasta and i limit my sugar intake. It was tough initially but it feels very normal now. My blood results have made it all worth while.

I realise it's only been 2 months and i still have the rest of my life to live. But so far so good.

I am having slow cooked shin of beef, veg and a few red wines for dinner to celebrate.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Re: OMG Hb1c Result

WOW well done, and what a great way to celebrate!

I don't understand how with all the successes I see here that the NHS are still spouting the plenty of carbs with every meal.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

Amazing! well done :) inspirational :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Shin beef is so good, widely under used and cheap too!
Whack it in the slow cooker.
Congrats on the result.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Congratulations and well done! You must feel really proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. I am thrilled for you

misterdj

Thanks for the support. I get mad on a daily basis on here listening to people who get bad advice. Best advice i took from a book was "diabetes is an intolerance to carbohydrates". Once you work out how much your body can cope with its easy going. And the idea that we need to eat a balance of carbs protein and fat is scientifically nonsense. We can live without carbs!

Shin of beef was marvellous. Marinated it in red wine for 2 days. Went well with grated cauliflower.