Shout out to all parents !

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm 11 and a type 1. I really wanted to give a shout out to all you parents. Us kids find diabetes really challenging (even if we don't show it), and you are the people that make us think sence again. Without my parents, I would be a nervous wrech by now - they have got me through my REALLY tough stages. I just wan't to also say if your child 'blames' you they don't mean it. They're looking for someone to blame because they need to get all the weight of their shoulders and pretend nothing is going on at the moment. :|

You are our Heros!!! :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lovelylivpet said:
I'm 11 and a type 1. I really wanted to give a shout out to all you parents. Us kids find diabetes really challenging (even if we don't show it), and you are the people that make us think sence again. Without my parents, I would be a nervous wrech by now - they have got me through my REALLY tough stages. I just wan't to also say if your child 'blames' you they don't mean it. They're looking for someone to blame because they need to get all the weight of their shoulders and pretend nothing is going on at the moment. :|

That's such a lovely post lovelylivpet and I agree with you. Reading the posts from some parents, they truly are hero's, as you are too :thumbup: :D

Best wishes RRB

Embabe25

You got a good head on your shoulders kid!

I'm terrified that my babies will get diabetes! I can't even get a grip of myself never mind nurse my children through it!

You sound like a lovely person and your parents are very lucky to have a mature child like you.

Just don't turn into to teenager from hell! Like I did! My poor mum lol xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

PAMMYBROGIE

I hope my daughter has the same opinion as you when she gets to 11. She is 3 and been diagnosed for a month and it is so hard, she really doesnt understand whats happening to her. Well done for being so mature and it will mean the world to your parents knowing you appreciate all their hard work xx

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Robinredbreast said:
Lovelylivpet said:

That's such a lovely post lovelylivpet and I agree with you. Reading the posts from some parents, they truly are hero's, as you are too :thumbup: :D

Best wishes RRB

Lol, nobody has ever called me a hero. Thanks! :D