Insulin pen bags?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only issue I have is its way too big, but I knew it was going to be when I ordered it. I have particularly small wrists (imagine a 7 year old girl.....) but I'm planning a bit of an adaptation to make it fit. It's comfy as it is though

SewK8

I use a pretty little make up bag or pencil case depending on the occasion. Most phones have a note pad so I just log the info on there till I get home then transfer it to my book at bed time.
So just an insulin pen and testing things fit easily in a make up bag and looks a lot nicer.
Have a look in Tesco as they have some nice plain ones that work a treat.

Kat

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
SewK8 said:
I use a pretty little make up bag or pencil case depending on the occasion. Most phones have a note pad so I just log the info on there till I get home then transfer it to my book at bed time.
So just an insulin pen and testing things fit easily in a make up bag and looks a lot nicer.
Have a look in Tesco as they have some nice plain ones that work a treat.

Kat

Hi .

Got mine from tesco - its roomy and waterproof too, so can just wipe it down too :thumbup:
It's a jazzy multicoloured hearts one , easy to find in my handbag as its so colourful :D

Anna.

BobCornelius

I use a 'manbag' which is just big enough to carry all my kit and caboodle in! I have an even smaller one for nights out! Both have printed descriptions of what pen/pill is what, and my routine timings/dosages etc!

Theidco.com are an excellent company, I ordered a modified dog-tag to replace old one, ordered online weds morning, arrived in post today!

:)

Bob

princess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty of any kind, violence, bitchiness, fighting,
Hi , re the bags, I just buy nice girlie pencil cases, it fits everything in, pen, needles + testing kit, some really nice ones around too and cheap and easy to change when they wear out, or you fancy a change :)

malky

If i need to carry m two pens at one I will usually use the cases that came with my novo nordisk pens which can hold two pens and some needles. The are just made from a soft material unlike the hideous cases that came with my lilly pens which looks like an O.A.P'S glasses case. For when I am going out for the day or traveling I got one of these http://www.medscope.co.uk/Isothermal_Ba ... p~8952.htm pretty much has a pocket for everything. When Out drinking I tend not to take my meter I will test just before going out and will take slightly less insulin for my dinner. I will take my humalin I and some dextros tablets or equivalent. I will also have something to eat on my way home

glaves_r1991

I bought a desang kit bag it big enough to keep all my stuff together there is also a kit bag slim which is good for type 1's out and about

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1367404779.274968.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1367404779.274968.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 372
  • ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1367404830.755595.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1367404830.755595.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 391