Lay ins????

sarah1282

Ok I need advice (again) please. On Saturday and Sundays I really want to lay in till at least 10 as I do work all week but im worried that my sugars will drop if I dont eat and inject at the same time every day. Do any of you enjoy a good long sleep or must we stick to a routine.
Weekdays I inject and eat at 8.am.

Thank you

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: Lay ins????

Hi Sarah, on a weekend I tend to wake as through the week, inject, eat my normal breakfast and then go back to need this way I know I'm covered as I was wondering the same

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!

I'm type 2 on insulin. During the week I get up at 7.30 but don't have breakfast till about 8.45. I try very hard to have a lay in on the weekend, if I do I don't have breakfast.

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I'm a type 2 on insulin (background Lantus every night and fast acting novarapid before meals). I quite often have a lie in on a Sunday and skip breakfast (and the insulin that goes with it) - I've never had a problem with low sugar because of this. That's just me though - I can't speak for how it effects others.

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

At weekends I sometimes have a lie in not a huge effect on my sugar levels just inject when I eat.

Bisto44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

As a type 1.5/2 diabetic on insulin (they can't seem to agree lol), if I have a lay in at weekends I tend to just inject when I eat on that day (which would normally be a Sunday). Doesn't seem to effect my levels too much. I just try and work around it, everyone deserves a lay in now & then :)

MaxineM

I'm type 1 and I have a long lie whenever I can get one :p I always take my long acting (levemir) at night which holds me steady until I get up. Just make sure your BG levels are decent before you go to bed and you'll be fine!

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Which insulins are you on? I'm on levemir for basal and novorapid for bolus. As i inject in the early evening (basal) i don't need to eat at set times, so on the rare occasion of a lie in (with 2 little ones :lol: ) i would just sleep in :)

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2

sarah1282 said:
Thanks guys I had my first lay in on sunday and my levels were perfect when I woke up :)

Hurrah! Just don't make a habit of it the rest of the week or the boss will be after you. "The people on the diabetes forum made me do it" is not a good excuse! :grin:

glaves_r1991

I'm a type 1 on humalog and levimir and humalog and on a weekend when I no I'm going to lie in I take my levimir around 12 at night as I am on split doses and my levimir lasts around 12 hours and I usually don't have breakfast so my bloods are normally a little up because of the dawn phenomenon but not high enough to worry about