Toddler foods

catw

Hi. My 3 yo daughter is on an insulin pump. She spikes v high after all meals ( worse since recent illness) But if we give more insulin she will be hypo before next meal. Just wondering if anyone can suggest any foods we might try to prevent spikes. Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sarburg

Hi
My little girl is 16 months and was diagnosed 3 months ago.we recently trialed a cgm which showed she was spiking into the 20's after meals.alot of this we have found is to do with the fact we bolus after shes eaten so the insulin is delayed. A few people suggested bolusing in bits,for example,when she has a sandwich bous straight after,then her yogurt and bolus,fruit and bolus.it means keep going back to the pump but its definately made a difference and the spikes r nowhere near as bad. Maybe worth a try.i really struggle knowing what to give her as some things definitely cause mayhem!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Multi grain waffles, eggs, pancakes, fruit and french toast can be included for breakfast. Mac and cheese, chicken, turkey, avocado, steamed veggies, spagetti, beans and more fruit are some suggestions for lunch and dinner.

TanyaEmily

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I found out with the help of CGM that the spikes are smaller if we try to feed our 2yo when she is on the lower side of the range with bolus couple of minutes before meal. And all the high carb things are nightmare insulin just does not cope. We can not awoid it. I find that homemade veg soup for lunch is wonderful, mash is not too bad but breakfast is always bad.