How old were you when you were diagnosed?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

• 0-5

Votes: 50 12.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • 16-21

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • 22-30

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 52 13.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 37 9.4%

• Total voters

BarbaraMc

Diagnosed T2 at age 63ish ! Following in the tracks of grandmother, father, mother, then brother. Having read all replies, I am definitely gonna try to stop whining about it . . . .honestly !

Spatta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fake people
I was 21, it was April Fools day and i had a seizure, being epileptic i thought it waa that but they told me i had a diabetic fit! Told i was Type1 and was waiting for the 'april fools' ... Never came!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hate testing so much each day.
I was 46 years old diagosed as T2 4years later was put on isulan I am now 70yrs old

courty13

i was 15years old when i was diagnosed my mum thought i was diabetic but i didnt want to believe her i then kept getting sent for blood tests by my doctor before the doctor from the hospital actually rang me up one night and said i had to go in the next morning to then be told if it was a couple more days i would have ended up in a diabetic coma im now 27 nearly 28 and am having trouble controlling my levels and the girlfriend is being a really great help and being here for me hope to speak to many many more diabetics on here soon aswel

Carney

Hi All,
I am here for my mom who is diabetic and here to get some tips and diet meals for her to control her diabetes. She was 42 when diagnosed type I diabetes.

leah86

I am 26 was diagnosed just over a week ago when i had symptoms,and my sugars were 33.3 !!! Stay strong everyone xxx

Trinity_32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish
I was diagnosed at 12 with Type 1, they thought I could have had it for up to a year before they found out, I went into a coma with a blood sugar of 56 :( I'm now 32! (My age not my blood sugar!)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App