Please help

serankine

Daughter woke up she is on the pump and her Canula had come out in the night her BG was 21 and ketones 2.8 we corrected and inserted a new Canula. She came down but her ketones have stayed at 0.1 all day she is still complaining of tummy ache. Is it ok for her to be 0.1 and what can I do to bring it down. She has been drinking lots. Stuck please help

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everything was ok overnight. How is she this morning?
Angie

weeezer

Poor thing, sounds horrid. Have you tested for ketones before when there aren't any? Does it show 0.0? Wonder if its just a hangover from what occurred? & this mornings is from being 14 something, has she come down now?

serankine

Her BGs are all over the place. Just done BG and she's 16.1 ketones still 0.1. She had a bad hypo Wednesday where she needed gluco gel then sick. We have had a bad couple of days. Just brings back how dangerous type 1 can be.

My son had this about two weeks ago he was seen by his consultant who wasnt worried as his ketones had come down. His ketones remained between 0.1 and 0.4 for about a week and now are fine. He also was suffering from bad stomach pains. Keep an eye and if worries call your diabetic team

weeezer

How's the bg today? Is she ill, got an infection? Could there be a reason she's running higher? Hormones/puberty? If bg remains higher perhaps you could run a temporary basal rate slightly higher?

Sorry if I'm suggesting obvious things, I've been on a pump since aug and I had a couple of weeks of being under the weather, running in double figures, but was too nervous to run a higher basal rate in case it induced hypos! Looking back I wish I'd have tried, with close monitoring things can be changed back again if numbers end up too low.

Hope things are better today???