Right milk for me and baby

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I personally would suggest full fat milk which has more calcium than skimmed and calcium is very important for the growth of your baby and help keep your bones strong
CAROL

gemma486

When I was pregnant I used semi skimmed I always have you can get calcium from other sources like yogurt and cheese

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
boomboom said:
Thank you. I might sound silly but I'm just worried about getting it wrong.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Hello boomboom .

Please dont worry , you are doing great .
Ask any questions you feel/need to .
Some one will pop along to help and support you.

Like your user name too it made me smile :D

Anna.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boom boom Fat does not raise your blood sugar it is the carbs that do that .Skimmed milk has more carbs than full fat milk.
CAROL

boomboom

Thank you Anna..I feel a bit up to my eyes to be honest..I don't really understand the fats..carbs and sugars I'm good with. Hospital have left me too it because I had it before

:-(

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
boomboom said:
Thank you Anna..I feel a bit up to my eyes to be honest..I don't really understand the fats..carbs and sugars I'm good with. Hospital have left me too it because I had it before

:-(

Boomboom .

Feel for you :) It cant be easy for you .

Feel free to wander around and ask any questions you need to .
No question is a stupid one when feeling lost and a bit overwhelmed .

When we vist a clinic or hospital they do expect us to grasp it all and then toddle off and
self manage things easily with full understanding and with total success .
The reality of doing this can be sometimes far harder to do in our every day routine and lifestyle.
We sometimes have to feel our way there , work out what is right for us .

Remember we are here even if you just wish to wander around, read up on things or chat to others
who understand how you may feel etc .

Anna.

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
If milk makes you sick then do not drink it. Milk is rich in calcium and that is why it is recommended that pregnant women drink so much milk. There are many other foods and drinks that are rich in calcium, like cheese, yogurt, fortified juices. You should discuss this with your health care provider, he/she may want you to take an extra calcium supplement in the place of drinking milk to ensure that you get a sufficient amount. Drinking milk doesn't have anything to do with your milk supple for your baby, but it is necessary that you drink plenty of fluids when you breastfeed.